Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

"I am a Nam Vet, this one fact does not help me dealing with/conversing with, any of them."

I not sure I understand.  If something I said bothers you then I'm sorry.  No intent to make it harder on anyone.

• Like 2

And good morning! :emotion-44:

Got our Hoover Platinum Collection vacuum cleaner this week from Amazon. Free shipping. The box was adopted(of Course) by one of cats to sit upon on end. Went slow with opening it this week until yesterday. Put it together(easy)and proceeded to let it sit. Sure enough, Nancy was reading about it, and digging on the ease of looks,features. Finally she powered on and, I did not have to use it at all. I told her she looks good using it and so far no vacuuming for me. No more Dirt Devils for the forseeable future. :smile:

• Like 4

Got our Hoover Platinum Collection vacuum cleaner this week from Amazon

Funny you mention vacuums.  My son went to vacuum this morning and nothing. Dang belt broke again, I think its time for new one.  Speaking of new, I think my coffee maker is on the fritz.  My coffee hasn't been that hot or that tasty.  It may need to be cleaned.   Where is Marks directions for cleaning coffee makers.  Maybe that is in order this morning.

Well it sounds like there has been a lot going on around here. I have been a little too busy to sit and read through everything.  Sounds like everyone is doing good.  Minermark had some sort of food poising, hopefully his wife learns to make their own tacos for taco Tuesday.. 

Yes Tuesday is Veterans Day, before I forget I want to thank all of you Vets out there for your time in the service.  Both my grandfathers and uncles were in.  A call is in order to my uncle on Tuesday. 

Well time to get back at it, so much to do not enough time for music :( .  Maybe later.

• Like 6

Got our Hoover Platinum Collection vacuum cleaner this week from Amazon

Funny you mention vacuums.  My son went to vacuum this morning and nothing. Dang belt broke again, I think its time for new one.  Speaking of new, I think my coffee maker is on the fritz.  My coffee hasn't been that hot or that tasty.  It may need to be cleaned.   Where is Marks directions for cleaning coffee makers.  Maybe that is in order this morning.

Well it sounds like there has been a lot going on around here. I have been a little too busy to sit and read through everything.  Sounds like everyone is doing good.  Minermark had some sort of food poising, hopefully his wife learns to make their own tacos for taco Tuesday.. 

Yes Tuesday is Veterans Day, before I forget I want to thank all of you Vets out there for your time in the service.  Both my grandfathers and uncles were in.  A call is in order to my uncle on Tuesday. 

Well time to get back at it, so much to do not enough time for music :( .  Maybe later.

Always time for music but, understood. Stay warm and take care of that tea olive tree,lol!

• Like 3

Hey all, no shop today. My old shop help is using the shop today.

Me and the wife are go to a local church for a chicken and oyster lunch. Then back to the house for more cleaning the garage. For the last few weeks we have been getting rid of so much JUNK. It seems like the last few years we have got so much sh*t. It's time to off this stuff.

We got a new vacuum a few weeks ago.......oh gota go....... wife is yelling..............later :-)

• Like 4

• Moderators
Got our Hoover Platinum Collection vacuum cleaner this week from Amazon.

They have a "Platinum Collection", wow had no idea. :lol:

I told her she looks good using it and so far no vacuuming for me.

Always the right thing to say, very smart !

• Like 4

Got our Hoover Platinum Collection vacuum cleaner this week from Amazon.

They have a "Platinum Collection", wow had no idea. :lol:

I told her she looks good using it and so far no vacuuming for me.

Always the right thing to say, very smart !

Yes, pure platinum...lol

Trying to get smart at last...lol

• Like 1

• Moderators

I empty and clean the filters, that's my extent of knowledge of vacuums, oh and there noisy. 

You can get as smart as possible, it's only going to get you so far, it's a design thing, we can never really win that game only play along. I will never understand how they work, never, I have spent most of my life trying and have no idea really.

• Like 2

I empty and clean the filters, that's my extent of knowledge of vacuums, oh and there noisy. 

You can get as smart as possible, it's only going to get you so far, it's a design thing, we can never really win that game only play along. I will never understand how they work, never, I have spent most of my life trying and have no idea really.

Have to agree with that. I took apart as best I could and repaired Dirt Devils, but when I was insulted that I could not get to the connections of a motor, to troubleshoot, and it turned out to be the power switch which I may have been abit rough on when using, I lost my cool and bagged it up in a plastic garbage bag. Hat to see stuff go and not be repurposed so, may hope to recycle.

Even with the new good looks and features of having a separate operating handheld canister for other duties, I know in my heart, that it, like a throwaway lighter, it's days are numbered.

We'll see how smart I am at not using when she wears the new off of it. :lol:

"I am a Nam Vet, this one fact does not help me dealing with/conversing with, any of them."

I not sure I understand.  If something I said bothers you then I'm sorry.  No intent to make it harder on anyone.

What? i simply made a rebuttle a the post, lets not read anything into something that does not exist.

• Like 2

Men and vacuum machines.  Yep I am considering a new one with glass canister and HEPA filter to help with Jakes hair and dander.  My doctor said he bought a Shark vac and it really helped. 

As for the draft.......a local draft board member called me and said that if I would go 1A for six months I would get a 2S (student deferment).  She said that I was probably safe with my draft number in the 160s.  She was right....

Time for the second cup.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 5

Men and vacuum machines.  Yep I am considering a new one with glass canister and HEPA filter to help with Jakes hair and dander.  My doctor said he bought a Shark vac and it really helped. 

As for the draft.......a local draft board member called me and said that if I would go 1A for six months I would get a 2S (student deferment).  She said that I was probably safe with my draft number in the 160s.  She was right....

Time for the second cup.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Same scenario for me! I had a 2S for about 2 years followed by a high lottery number. Times have changed. Now I have a son-in-law who volunteered and has 2 tours in the middle East under his belt. Proud of him. Gonna take advantage of our last warm day for a while and smoke some ribs. Cup #2 first. Have a great Sunday everyone.

• Like 3

Up prematurely! Hate to tell her, that is a present. Ribs sound good! Enjoy ! :)

Hard to remember but, thinking I was not really dwelling on the draft in those days.

Preoccupied with romance at times, music, and extracurricular activities.

Not necessarily in that order!

Thanks Tarheel for making a thread where we can all come and relax and let our hair down.

Nothing like uncontroversial discussion where we can speak our minds without taking offense. :emotion-44:

A place where likes can come, regardless, or in spite of what is said by me.

Thanks for being gentle with me here. After all, I am a senior citizen. :) they say.

• Like 5