Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

If a "bone" is $100. what is $1,000?

it's a big "F" ing bone :-)

Round here a thousand is referred to as a "dime".

Having done a few pro bono criminal cases, a dime has a different meaning to me. Careful who you use the word "dime" with (e.g., Hey officer, I was just held up and they took my dime."

Edited by eth2
  • Like 6

What's up guys.......hope everyone is good.

Man oh man it's been crazy at the shop this week. We have not got home before 9:00 all week. I gotta jump on it while it's there cuz the bottom could fall out anytime.

I gotta get back into training agian.....but just so busy with work and stuff. I'll go throuh phases where I train 5-6 days a week. Then work and life will just take over. Oh well......that just how it is.

So our family is still adjusting to our new pets. We just got two Cornish Rex cats. One is a year old the other is four months. We have four cats total. The Cornish Rex cats are not like your regular old house cat. These guys are crazy.....just like our house. We got our 1st Rex cats about 20 some years ago. We lost the last one about 4 years ago. So for the last year we have been kicking around getting some more.......so we did..........when people come over for the first time, the two things they say are" why do you have so many speakers and.........what is that.........is that a cat"

Take care all :-)

• Like 5

This sucks, I had to go in the closet and dig out a pair of jeans from last winter to work in the yard, no shorts today. :angry: 

I don't know what the problem is. I have my shorts on and I think its colder here (34 right now). Now I'm 50+ lbs overweight. Maybe that helps me in this case.

• Like 4

Morning all - coffee is decent this morning - trying some Newmans blend left here by company over the weekend.

Laid dad to rest last week, definitely tough, glad he's not fighting cancer anymore - will and do miss him terribly. Baby #2 just flipped the one month mark and now we settle in to the new normal.

Winter is delayed in south central alaska. We had a huge storm headed our way last week and Im told it headed south - you are all welcome for the arctic blast! :-) Still in the forties during the day here - a little warm for our norms.

Back to work - have a great day!

• Like 3

This sucks, I had to go in the closet and dig out a pair of jeans from last winter to work in the yard, no shorts today. :angry: 

dtel, consider yourself very lucky.  I broke out the flannel lined jeans, coats, hats and gloves last week and it's not going to get above freezing here till Wednesday.  20 degrees below normal and teens at night.  Been so busy splitting wood, not sure how much we have.  At lest 4 full cords, all harvested from the property.  Been heating the shack with two wood stoves for the last 12 years, alternating between basement and main floor.  Just cut up several pounds of stew beef and have it slow cooking in a Griswold Dutch oven on top of the basement stove.  I'll post a pic later this afternoon when it is done.  Pulls apart and makes great beef sandwiches.

001_zpsbfcbe367.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators
JL Sargent, on 13 Nov 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

dtel, on 13 Nov 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

I don't know what the problem is. I have my shorts on and I think its colder here (34 right now). Now I'm 50+ lbs overweight. Maybe that helps me in this case.

I am probably 50 lbs overweight also at 6'3" and 255, but the older I get the more of a sissy I become with cold weather. :lol: If I dress right I am fine but I prefer shorts and nothing else, I'm just spoiled I guess. :ph34r:   

• Like 3

If a "bone" is $100. what is $1,000?

it's a big "F" ing bone :-)
thanks for the"like" on that one. But that's my wifes. She reads all your guys posts. She is in the office on the shop computer and I am out in the bay on my scan-tool tablet.

She came in the bay and said just that "if a bone is $100 then a $1000 is a big F ing bone" .......man I lmao.....so I had to drop it on you guys. She if funny.

She still raggs me about this Klipsch forum.......and the kids too.......they all say" what do your Klipsch friends say"......then my youngest daughter found out that I spoke with a woman on here (Amy) there was h*ll to pay.

I know I have only been around a few months.... but you guy are all I got.......H*LL I got more friends here than I do in life... lol lol

Check in later gotta work :-)

• Like 4

• Moderators
tnr, on 13 Nov 2014 - 10:35 AM, said: dtel, consider yourself very lucky.

I do and also glad I don't live any further North this time of the year. :)  

I broke out the flannel lined jeans, coats, hats and gloves last week and it's not going to get above freezing here till Wednesday. 20 degrees below normal and teens at night.

I have one coat and a pair of ski pants for the rare trip to the frozen North.    27 here tonight and 28 tomorrow night, high 50's during the day the rest of the week.  I know, stop wining  :smile:  

Been so busy splitting wood, not sure how much we have. At lest 4 full cords, all harvested from the property. Been heating the shack with two wood stoves for the last 12 years, alternating between basement and main floor. Just cut up several pounds of stew beef and have it slow cooking in a Griswold Dutch oven on top of the basement stove. I'll post a pic later this afternoon when it is done. Pulls apart and makes great beef sandwiches.

We use one wood burning heater and it's plenty enough, about 2 cords max with a bad winter.

Good looking stove, Griswold, first class pot. I have a bunch but not that brand, have at least 6 cast iron skillets, there my favorite and easiest to clean, and you can use them for self defense ! :D

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

• Moderators
She still raggs me about this Klipsch forum.......and the kids too.......they all say" what do your Klipsch friends say"......

Just tell them we said your lucky to have them around you all the time, well it's true, AND that you need more speakers. :lol:

I know I have only been around a few months.... but you guy are all I got.......H*LL I got more friends here than I do in life... lol lol

Well friends that are around all the time can get to be a pain in the butt, I got picked up yesterday to volunteer to help bring donated furniture to the VFW hall, turned out to be like 6 hours of moving office furniture. But it was a good cause, to help veterans, it was the least I could do.

Your doing great :emotion-21:

• Like 6