Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hey guys....what a Monday.....I couldn't get to sleep til about four this morning. My wife left the house at 6:45 to take her dad to the eye clinic. The next thing I know my eldest daughter busts in my room saying "mommys on the the phone and the van broke down"

Well up out of bed I get. The only other car at the house is my CRV. So out in the nice cold rain I'm unhooking my trailer off the truck.

Before my wife left the house she made a nice pot of Dunkin Donuts coffee. My daughter gave me a cup for the road.

A few miles down the road I spot my van........ my wife, mom and dad sit inside. We load up everyone in the CRV and now I sit here at the eye clinic.

At the eye clinic I notice it's free wifi.....so here I sit telling you guys my great Monday morning. My wife did bring a thermos of coffee with her.....that's good.

I'm sure my tow guy will have my van at the shop by the time we get there.

I'll check in later......today will be a short day :-)

.........Mark.......

• Like 4

Hey guys....what a Monday.....I couldn't get to sleep til about four this morning. My wife left the house at 6:45 to take her dad to the eye clinic. The next thing I know my eldest daughter busts in my room saying "mommys on the the phone and the van broke down"

Well up out of bed I get. The only other car at the house is my CRV. So out in the nice cold rain I'm unhooking my trailer off the truck.

Before my wife left the house she made a nice pot of Dunkin Donuts coffee. My daughter gave me a cup for the road.

A few miles down the road I spot my van........ my wife, mom and dad sit inside. We load up everyone in the CRV and now I sit here at the eye clinic.

At the eye clinic I notice it's free wifi.....so here I sit telling you guys my great Monday morning. My wife did bring a thermos of coffee with her.....that's good.

.........Mark.......

Take everybody out to breakfast when you leave there. a better start to your Monday :)

• Like 6

38 outside here and going to be mid 20's tomorrow.  It's GREAT to have heat back and working in the house.  Stupid printed circuit board.  We've had the furnace 22 years and have put 4 boards in it.  I figure I'll use this board a couple years and replace the whole thing.

• Like 4

Mornin' guys and thanks for the nice comments about our new Springer/family addition. He's great !! We think he's about 4, and he loves to play. Very verbal, too. He brought us his new tug toy this morning and "talked" to us about playing. His name is "Baxter" and responds well to it. He must have had a name in a former life, but the rescue folks didn't know what is was. No matter. He's a happy boy and we are delighted!! Wishing you all the best day today. Chuck.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Look at the bright side you don't have to pay a mechanic and you know it will get fixed right. 

Was the wife mad, hope not.

• Like 1

• Moderators
sorry dtel I was going through some posts and saw your question.

No big deal, maby after a couple of years go back and dig to the bottom of that pile to get some really good potting soil, or worms if you fish.

• Like 1

• Moderators
ChuckAb3, on 17 Nov 2014 - 08:25 AM, said: He's a happy boy and we are delighted!!

Well great for both of you, I would bet he is happier than you about the change. :emotion-21:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

• Moderators

These dogs really need, or care for there owners more than you might think, this story is out of Texas. The dogs owner was in the ambulance and he wanted to go, he rode here (pic) for 15 miles until another car seen him and they let him inside the ambulance.

https://gma.yahoo.com/dog-hitches-ambulance-driving-owner-hospital-181826452--abc-news-pets.html

post-9700-0-37560000-1416255719_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Look at the bright side you don't have to pay a mechanic and you know it will get fixed right. 

Was the wife mad, hope not.

no wife was not mad at all, happy to see me.

The van was at the shop waiting for me......looks like a cam angle sensor failing......$58 bucks, Honda is bringing one out tomorrow.

Tomorrow is a new day :-)

• Like 3

.........Mark.......

Take everybody out to breakfast when you leave there. a better start to your Monday :)

took mom and dad home.....but me and the wife did get a bite to eat :-)
  • Like 4