Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Also, next time you make chili add those "little smoky" sausages to the chili. Takes it up a notch I tell ya!

We cook up about 2 gallons, i get a day with it then the wife takes over, she likes her spices, so in the last few years i split the pot, she gets to do anything she wants to hers, and i like mine on the mellow side. :emotion-21:

• Like 7

Venison chili...mmmgood! Need to visit my brother and get some as I quit hunting awhile back. About how long ago I cooked it. Friend came by on way to bar, and ate a big bowl, and knocked on my window on the way home. For you guessed it, chili! Getting to be the weather for it. Like mine on the gentler end of scope. Stay warm... :emotion-44::wink:

Edited by billybob
  • Like 2

, i just realized i have three of everything.

There is no such thing as three of everything when it comes to tools since one has been taken by your wife and misplaced, you have misplaced one, and that leaves the sole survivor (if you are lucky). Only the order of rotation changes, never the number available.

• Like 5

Morning gang   57 in the cave

Dryer is installed, all new vent hoses, flapper thingy, and all metal this time around.

Pulling the old one out yesterday i found we (had) a visiting mouse, last cat died two months ago.

The mouse was stashing cat food under the dryer/washer and only could have come in at night when we left the side door open.

Chili cookin weather, think ill do that today.

Speaking of chili. Who has chili one night and then a couple nights later has chili dogs with the leftover chili? Man, those are the best!

For me it would be a hard choice between chili and chili dogs, but never tried it with little smoky's.  Although the little smoky's could be added to almost anything and make it better........Ok I just love meat       :)  I don't have a really good recipe for chili but when using ground beef I shape it into giant burgers and smoke it on the smoker then break it up in the pot, I like flavor better.

Also, next time you make chili add those "little smoky" sausages to the chili. Takes it up a notch I tell ya!

We cook up about 2 gallons, i get a day with it then the wife takes over, she likes her spices, so in the last few years i split the pot, she gets to do anything she wants to hers, and i like mine on the mellow side. :emotion-21:

Thanks guys...big pot of chili on the stove.  I too wish I had some venison instead of beef.  Been too long since I got a deer (2006).  Mid rut now.  Need to get my azz in one of my stands with my bow.  Maybe next week.  #$%^ing DNR has wiped out too many overly reacting to chronic wasting disease.  Folks that don't approve of hunting deer need to know how sickening it is how the DNR have killed thousands and thousands of healthy deer, and let the coyotes have them.   :angry:

• Like 5

Good morning, all. Big day for us. Driving to the metropolis of Burlington, CO to pick up our new rescued Springer Spaniel. From what we can tell, he'll be a great addition to the family. I've had a Springer before and he was the best pup I've ever owned. This one was abandoned and needs a forever home. Can't wait. (Hope he likes rock 'n roll on the B-3!!)  My better half has been shopping furiously for dog beds, toys, food, etc., etc. We lost our little, beloved Shih Tzu in September and it left a big void in our lives. Have a great Sunday everyone and bless you all. Will check back in later ... probably not till tomorrow. Chuck.

• Like 6

Hi all, yea cold for sure. My wifes parents stopped by this morning for coffee. They don't stop by much, mom has problems with the steps. They are getting up there. My wife does all the cooking for them. We have been trying to talk them into moving in a retirement community.

Chuck.....enjoy your new addition to your family. Our family loves animals, we have cats. My youngest daughter works full time at a kennel.

Take care all

• Like 5

All good stuff!

Good enough with a bow then good hunting. I barely could draw one, lol :biggrin:

My delicate constitution.

Cats and dogs are welcome! Our 2 need to socialize more.

A dog that walks himself...interesting. At least he is dressed for it.

Jake has introduced you to alot of folk. :emotion-21:

Round two to Tampa then off...weekend warrior, battling the freeway. :emotion-44:

with a Vibe. Sweet little car with a Matrix engine. :happy:

Enjoy

• Like 5

MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE, on 12 Nov 2014 - 08:58 AM, said: We got 3 cords of wood delivered to the house on Monday.

You have me by 2 cords, we need another one soon. We use about 2 a year if is a bad winter, we use it in a heater not a fireplace and it's very efficient which is a good thing it's our only heat. :o  ONE big thing is we don't live in Maryland, quite a difference in winters.

What do you do with all your leaves ?

sorry dtel I was going through some posts and saw your question. There is a big wooded lot next to my shop, I will shoot those leaves into the woods. My landlord that own the shop also own the wooded lot.

....talking about what we get our wives......I got her a Stihl commercial back-pack blower a few years ago. She loves it......I tell ya we are going to kick-a$$ this year on the leaves...

• Like 4

MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE, on 12 Nov 2014 - 08:58 AM, said: We got 3 cords of wood delivered to the house on Monday.

You have me by 2 cords, we need another one soon. We use about 2 a year if is a bad winter, we use it in a heater not a fireplace and it's very efficient which is a good thing it's our only heat. :o  ONE big thing is we don't live in Maryland, quite a difference in winters.

What do you do with all your leaves ?

sorry dtel I was going through some posts and saw your question. There is a big wooded lot next to my shop, I will shoot those leaves into the woods. My landlord that own the shop also own the wooded lot.

....talking about what we get our wives......I got her a Stihl commercial back-pack blower a few years ago. She loves it......I tell ya we are going to kick-a$$ this year on the leaves...

Stihl blowers are the best, i bought one for one of my Farmer Buds who is into walnuts, needless to say ill never buy walnuts again.

Im always lookin at a couple 5Gal buckets of those things. 

• Like 5