Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
Taz, on 17 Nov 2014 - 7:56 PM, said:

No one seems to understand.  I've been waiting 3 years for my name came up to have my Marantz 2500 restored ..  Gentleman in Montana,

Tom at Vintage Electronics Restoration Service  is going to work on it.  

About the best I get is "That;s nice."   

That's about it, now if I could hear it when it's done I would be much more excited. :lol:

Just think it will be like new, and be ready for years of use, to me the older models just sound better.

• Like 3

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 18 Nov 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

dtel, on 18 Nov 2014 - 09:56 AM, said: Are people really that bored, hey lets try sticking this......

One of the new things is alcohol enemas. It's amazing what people do...........

That is crazy, only benefit I could think of is no need to worry about taste, just buy the cheapest you can find. :o

• Like 3

That is crazy, only benefit I could think of is no need to worry about taste, just buy the cheapest you can find.

Butt chugging won't make you throw up (it's never in your stomach) and goes directly into your blood stream.

I can see it now.  Instead of "Honey, could you bring me a beer?" it would be "Honey, can you hang me a bag?"

• Like 5

Living in northern Indiana, I am lucky enough to have access in my local grocery to quite a number of really, really good coffees that are roasted in Michigan.  Here's a few worth mentioning if you ever see them on your shelves...Higher Grounds Coffee (Funky Mamacita and Typhoon Espresso), Kalamazoo Coffee Company (Dark Loretta), Truck Stop Organics (Big Rig Roast).  Whole bean of course.

• Like 6

• Moderators
I can see it now. Instead of "Honey, could you bring me a beer?" it would be "Honey, can you hang me a bag?"

I have done some crazy stuff and it's hard to surprise my wife, but that would do it for sure, guaranteed.

But to be serious, and that's really no fun........one of our distant relatives who it in his early 30's and his girlfriend got into some serious drugs a few years ago and that's how they were taking them, when he woke up the next day she had died, he is in prison now since they were together when it happened. I guess he got blamed for giving it to her ? Apparently it gets into your blood quicker and more than normal doing it like this ? We found out about it from his mother, I don't even know what they were doing, didn't even know he was doing anything, we only seen him a couple times a year at the most.

People are crazy

• Like 3

• Moderators

That would be funny, I can see it now, hey give me a Margarita, skip the salt. 

Frozen daiquiris would be rough but not as rough as Bloody Mary's with hot sauce :o

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

I can see it now. Instead of "Honey, could you bring me a beer?" it would be "Honey, can you hang me a bag?"

I have done some crazy stuff and it's hard to surprise my wife, but that would do it for sure, guaranteed.

But to be serious, and that's really no fun........one of our distant relatives who it in his early 30's and his girlfriend got into some serious drugs a few years ago and that's how they were taking them, when he woke up the next day she had died, he is in prison now since they were together when it happened. I guess he got blamed for giving it to her ? Apparently it gets into your blood quicker and more than normal doing it like this ? We found out about it from his mother, I don't even know what they were doing, didn't even know he was doing anything, we only seen him a couple times a year at the most.

People are crazy

Yea people are crazy....I knew people that did that kind of stuff, I did ALOT of crazy thinks bit this was not one of them. This one guy I know would stick a bottle of JD in his girl friends.........ah.....ah....you know. He would tell me how "F"ed up it got her....another guy I know stuck rocks of coke in his butt........ah not for me

Detl I "liked" your post but I don't like that someone died and he went to jail.....that's not good

• Like 2

• Moderators
Detl I "liked" your post but I don't like that someone died and he went to jail.....that's not good

Well I do feel sorry for him and her but when you do really crazy things crazy stuff can happen,  it's just the way it goes.

• Like 2

Got this idea to run by you. You see these well water tanks, the round one's you may see in rural areas> They can be 4/6 foot tall or more, depending upon size and preference, read needs.

If you take say a black garbage bag, to hide the tank, insulation, and slip it over, what do you have?

Have to visualize sorry but, thinking about patenting idea. What would be a good name for it?

billybob's folly... other? :)

Thanks

• Moderators
billybob, on 18 Nov 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

I thought this was a coffee and cable thread.

It is, but coffee led to alcohol which somehow led to crevasses which led to Chuck bringing it all back around to cables a couple of post back.

Do you really expect us to stay on topic anywhere on the forum ?  That get's boring :D

• Like 6

billybob, on 18 Nov 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

I thought this was a coffee and cable thread.

It is, but coffee led to alcohol which somehow led to crevasses which led to Chuck bringing it all back around to cables a couple of post back.

Do you really expect us to stay on topic anywhere on the forum ?  That get's boring :D

Well, I just don't want to hear about anyone's hemmorhoids. A brother told me about the surgery blow by blow and well, I heard enoughabout enough. It wasn't boring though... :)

• Like 4

• Moderators

Got this idea to run by you. You see these well water tanks, the round one's you may see in rural areas> They can be 4/6 foot tall or more, depending upon size and preference, read needs.

If you take say a black garbage bag, to hide the tank, insulation, and slip it over, what do you have?

Have to visualize sorry but, thinking about patenting idea. What would be a good name for it?

billybob's folly... other? :)

Thanks

Depends what part of the country, could be how to get rid of a body or all the way in the other direction to birth control ? 

• Like 5