Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Rain past, sunshine out. Cooler today, just in time for the turkeyday.

Friend asks, beer or liquor or both? I am thinking a little wine for a change.

Or nothing, as I am contemplating riding cycle. Promise to not over-indulge

in anything, even food. GF sister is a coffee drinker so... :emotion-44:

Today cover up paddlewheel boat from the weather.

Make sure to gas-up cycle if ride.

Replace bad ignition coil on the Volvo wagon.

Relax and contemplate :smile:

• Like 4

Getting your rain now billybob.  Suppose to clear and turn cooler this afternoon.  Critter patiently waiting to be walked.  May make another cup of coffee as the usual two is not enough this morning.

LF is gone but calls 3X a day.  I have one of her guitars, a Taylor, but going is slow.  Mostly watching beginner lessons on YouTube. 

You guys have a great Thanksgiving and don't worry about me. I have a loaf of multigrain bread and a jar of crunchy peanut butter so all is well.  Jake has a new bone and a spiffy new collar.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents  

• Like 5

Mornin' all. Gonna mix the ingredients and start brining the bird and extra bird breast soon. Big cooking/smoking day for me tomorrow. Love to cook. Baxter will celebrate his 1st holiday with us and has informed me that he can't wait for the frozen beef bone we have for him and a few bites of smoked turkey.

Tarheel - hang in there with the guitar. Learn some chords and we'll jam next time you're in Colorado!! (My instrument isn't so portable). Happy Thanksgiving Eve, guys.

• Like 4

Got the day off work today.  

I'm out in the garage listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn at levels that belie the time of day.  The track saw is humming as I'm building a sub for my son's Christmas present.  Life doesn't get much better than this.  Have a good day guys.  Back to making saw dust.

• Like 6

Morning again gang

Up from my nap, i wake to the smell of Oyster Stuffing (first batch) cooking.

Wife unit always takes off day before turkey day to prepare the feast.

It's my job to simply make dam sure BM fixins are stocked throughout the day.

If i was Tarheel, right about now with no one around, i be figuring how to hook up one of those elect guitars to my system, crank that puppy and sit in front of the speaker. :o 

Looks like everyone has their chores for the day. :)

• Like 5

Got the day off work today.  

I'm out in the garage listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn at levels that belie the time of day.  The track saw is humming as I'm building a sub for my son's Christmas present.  Life doesn't get much better than this.  Have a good day guys.  Back to making saw dust.

Ah my man, SRV, think ill do the same, thanks for reminding me.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Or Texas Flood or Little Wing, Ok almost anything he played.

One of the few DVD's Live from Austin, Texas is good, especially considering it was recorded from 1983-1989, two years before he died. The bonus song at the end is Little wing and it is unbelievable. The DVD is 9.99 on Amazon

post-9700-0-12560000-1417055489_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Stevie Ray brings back great memories spent varmint hunting with my son.  We were sleeping and I woke him to "Love Struck Baby" . Which I had turned up to more then a comfortable level  Poor kid jumped up from his seat in the jeep and banged his head on the hardtop!   :D   He Spent the rest of the trip trying to get back at me.  :lol:  :lol: 

Seen Robert Cray, Stevie Ray and John Hiatt at outdoor amphitheater in Salem Oregon.  Rained, cold,  But it was great.  They keep coming back and giving us more.    

• Like 7

Jake had his meal early.......no complaints from him.  Dry food covers strips of flat iron steak.  That is covered with green beans and a pin wheel of steak strips. 

I will be at an Irish restaurant named The Harp for a traditional Thanksgiving buffet. 

Happy Thanksgiving to my coffee klatch buds!

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

post-17365-0-58160000-1417093307_thumb.j

• Like 5

Happy Thanksgiving coffee friends!! Up early for no good reason and that's okay. Baxter has more sense ... got up, went out and then back to bed. Guess one needs to get mentally prepared to smoke 25 lbs or so of turkey so here I am.  I'm thankful for so much in life, including my forum coffee buds. Will try to check back later before the chaos ensues.  Blessings to each of you. Chuck

• Like 5

Mark I'm surprised a west coast guy knows about oyster dressing.  Mom use to make a batch with and one without.

Just had my fill at the Harp restaurant.  A traditional meal.  Two plates plus dessert (pumpkin pie).  Not bad at all.

55 degrees and sunny.  Just talked with LF.....light snow in Wheeling.

Where is BigStewMan?

• Like 2

Mark I'm surprised a west coast guy knows about oyster dressing.  Mom use to make a batch with and one without.

Just had my fill at the Harp restaurant.  A traditional meal.  Two plates plus dessert (pumpkin pie).  Not bad at all.

55 degrees and sunny.  Just talked with LF.....light snow in Wheeling.

Where is BigStewMan?

Childhood was spent in Newport /Balboa, everybody i grew up with was some movie stars kid, most had their own chefs, man you talk about eating good, food from all over the world, we never knew who's house we were going to raid after surfing all day.

• Like 4