Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
BigStewMan, on 30 Nov 2014 - 5:40 PM, said:

dtel, on 30 Nov 2014 - 3:58 PM, said: I wasn't talking about being bitten

No offense; but, it’s a club that i hope you will never join (not as bad as the truck to the ribs club; but, still).

True I don't want either but if I had to choose I would pick the spider, you were lucky you lived through being run over by a truck, I know it didn't feel lucky at the time.  

• Like 4

• Moderators

Nice quite Sunday evening

Rain has quit till Tuesday then we are supposed to get hammered.

Mud slide drama to follow im sure, not around here but 20 miles east where the fires were.

Dam sure no boat work this week, im cool with that.

The more I think about it the more I would rather hurricanes over earthquakes, droughts, fires, heat waves and mudslides. I think yall need a break.

• Like 3

Hey guys, just caught up on three days of posts from you all. Sounds like all is doing good and getting over the turkey day.

We had a good long weekend, went into the shop late Friday. Put a starter on a CRV for a really good customer and the took the truck to her house.

Saturday I went in and worked on one of my old Toyota Landcruisers, I've had the truck for 25+ years but I think It's time to sell her.

It will break my heart to let her go but I have more cars and trucks than Klipsch speakers ......lol lol

Check-in later......take care.....Mark :-)

• Like 5

you were lucky you lived through being run over by a truck, I know it didn't feel lucky at the time.  

no i didn’t feel lucky.  Not sure if i ever told you; but, i was crossing the street to get dinner at the Del Taco -- never made it. At the trauma center, my kids told me that they always knew Del Taco would kill me; but, they figured it would be from a heart attack. 

• Like 6

BigStewMan I wanted to like you post but ahhhhh......

Glad your still here :-)

Thanks More Klipsch Please.  Ironically, i was just rereading the OldBuckster thread that Chuck (Tarheel) had started years ago.  I know Rob passed away at the end of November and my accident was at the beginning of the following January.  This forum group has been through some “stuff” over the years…including some that post on this thread regularly (don’t want to mention names to maintain privacy--but, my friend you know who you are and i still feel for you).

• Like 4

Morning Gang

It appears the Comcast network backbone is stressed  already!

Everyone looks to be out of their food coma.

I need to take a Turkey inventory today, see just what exactly is left.

They project some good rain later today, Duggans run is the chore for the day.

• Like 3

Oldbuckster didn't mix his words did he billybob.  What a great guy as the length of that thread testifies.  An honorable, working class, hero if there ever was one.  He spoke his mind and we all loved that about him.  An unmatched legacy here on the forum.

With the lady friend away I finally decided to do the Spotify thing and had a great time putting together playlist for Jazz, blues, rock, easy listening, and country.  About 60 songs for each list. 

Coffee done though a third cup sounds good.  Jake sleeping following his walk.....probably still tired from the dog park trip yesterday.  Suppose to be 70 degrees here today so something outdoors is in order.

Good point Steve.....you never know what forum members have gone through or are dealing with.  Speaking of that I wonder where Winchester is?

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 4

Mornin' everybody!! Had trouble connecting earlier. Had a laid back Sunday .... football, cooking with better half, played a few tunes, etc. Baxter has really settled in to his new digs and a really good personality has emerged as we hoped for. Still need to get pics to post. Think I'll avoid Del Taco for lunch. Something about it always looked dangerous. Good to see you all posting and upbeat. 2 cups down and gotta get ready for the day. Later....

• Like 4

Good point Steve.....you never know what forum members have gone through or are dealing with.  Speaking of that I wonder where Winchester is?

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Haven’t heard from Winchester in a long while.  While going through the OldBuckster thread, saw a post by TommyBoy.  He hasn’t been on the forum in about five years.  Scary part is that he mentioned that his unit was being deployed (one of the military services…Army i think).  He was a regular here, so it’s scary to wonder why he hasn’t posted again after five years.  Sure hope he just got us out of his system while deployed and that he’s ok and living life.  Steve Konopa is another one that has recently disappeared.  He hadn’t logged into the forum nor answered PMs since January…then i noticed in his profile that he logged in one day in June; but, nothing since. Worries me that two guys can be so active then nothing.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 4

Oldbuckster didn't mix his words did he billybob.  What a great guy as the length of that thread testifies.  An honorable, working class, hero if there ever was one.  He spoke his mind and we all loved that about him.  An unmatched legacy here on the forum.

To be sure! Turned me onto the KG4 here. He was right, nice indeed.

California about to get some rain. Take care.

Late coffee :emotion-44:

• Like 3