Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Total Dash redesign, little glass work here and there, and i think iv killed all the spiders.

Spiders, of all things spiders ! :o  :ph34r:  

Rainy day here for a change.

Fedex waking me from my napping, delivery of boat goodies.

Detel iv been bitten by everything from snakes to spiders in 30+ years of mining.

Ill take a snake over a Black widow anytime, snake bite 8 to 10 days, black widow takes about the same, however up to six months later you get a shooting pain in your joints. dam spiders anyway.

• Like 5

dam spiders anyway.

Hear that.  Got bit by a Brown Recluse several years ago.  Didn’t realize it at the time of the bite; however, noticed a red line moving up my arm. Went to the doctor -- who confirmed the bite. Gave me a shot of antibiotic -- which turns out, I was allergic to. Interesting day that was. 

​Got bit by something a few years ago…noticed blood poisoning line about 11 PM.  Debated waiting till morning but decided to head to the ER.  Doctor examined my arm and said, “see this (pointing to a ring around the wound…like a bullseye)…this is what we don’t want to see…I’m glad you came in."

​I’ve had two close calls with rattlesnakes; but, never been bit.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 4

Well I've been having fun today.  For the price of a patch cord and some hand holding from dtel I am streaming Pandora through the good stuff.  I tried it with the tubed system and thought it sounded a bit thin.  Was wondering if I needed to upgrade to the premium package.  Then I hooked it up to my SX-950 Pioneer and LS/Altec system.  Bien! 

I have been creating some kick a$$ stations and listening most of the day.  Free music......fits my wallet these days. 

Any tips on Pandora?  Premium package?  Options?

One problem.....every so often the screen goes blank and the music stops.  Push any key it starts again.  Is that the screen saver?

• Like 5

Thanks duder.....how do you make a play list on Spotify. I can't seem to figure that out.

I haven't done it in a while. If I remember you just search for the artist, then on the right side of their songs you will see the line that indicates a menu. Click on that then click on add once you do you will see options of playlist to add it to.
  • Like 4

Had a great day today.  JL Sargent stopped by for some martinis and music.  Went out for a burger as well.  Nothing better than hanging with forum members.  I recommend it every chance you get.  After he left I spent some more quality time in the garage with my tunes and tools.  Awesome day!

• Like 8

dam spiders anyway.

Hear that.  Got bit by a Brown Recluse several years ago.  Didn’t realize it at the time of the bite; however, noticed a red line moving up my arm. Went to the doctor -- who confirmed the bite. Gave me a shot of antibiotic -- which turns out, I was allergic to. Interesting day that was. 

​Got bit by something a few years ago…noticed blood poisoning line about 11 PM.  Debated waiting till morning but decided to head to the ER.  Doctor examined my arm and said, “see this (pointing to a ring around the wound…like a bullseye)…this is what we don’t want to see…I’m glad you came in."

​I’ve had two close calls with rattlesnakes; but, never been bit.

Thank God you went in. A friend from the midwest actually died from a spider bite to the neck some years ago. He was not the kind of guy you'd expect  to cash out from something so small ... played college football and did a brief stint in the NFL. We have a few nasty spiders in Colorado too, and are careful.

• Like 5

• Moderators
Detel iv been bitten by everything from snakes to spiders in 30+ years of mining.

I wasn't talking about being bitten, just the sight of those big hairy suckers make me feel sick enough, or the need to run.  

• Like 4

• Moderators

Ok Thanksgiving is officially over here, daughter and grandkid ( and 3 dogs) just left, it was really crowded Thursday but everything went perfect. Now to finally kill off the rest of the food, tomorrow maby ? 

Going outside to take a break and listen to some :emotion-29:  with a nice :emotion-46:

• Like 6