Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Back at the rat race today.  Trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

i_gif_50c1c62194122.gif

That's funny!  Is that Ben?  Mice haven't been that lucky in my basement lately.  Weeks go by nothing, but then we might get two in one night.  We have a half dozen traps set in the utility room all within a couple feet of one another.  A few months back, one did manage to crawl about twenty feet out of the utility room into the main basement with the trap.  Heard this squeaking noise and thought it was a bat.

Minermark, what model are your QSC amps?  Are they integrated or are you using a pre-amp too?

Edited by tnr
  • Like 4

Back at the rat race today.  Trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

i_gif_50c1c62194122.gif

That's funny!  Is that Ben?  Mice haven't been that lucky in my basement lately.  Weeks go by nothing, but then we might get two in one night.  We have a half dozen traps set in the utility room all within a couple feet of one another.  A few months back, one did manage to crawl about twenty feet out of the utility room into the main basement with the trap.  Heard this squeaking noise and thought it was a bat.

Minermark, what model are your QSC amps?  Are they integrated or are you using a pre-amp too?

QSC 1700, i bought four of them from Salesbaron on Ebay, make a best offer within reason, ill see if i still have them bookmarked.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 2

QSC 1700, i bought four of the from Salesbaron on Ebay, cheap and free shipping, ill se if i still have them bookmarked.

I want to pick up an integrated amp to drive KP-320's for occasional outside use.  I have all Winter to research.  Something small and durable and easy to go in and out with.  A forum member had a Cambridge rated at 60 WPC, but I'm thinking I want more power.  What series is your 1700?

• Like 3

QSC 1700, i bought four of the from Salesbaron on Ebay, cheap and free shipping, ill se if i still have them bookmarked.

I want to pick up an integrated amp to drive KP-320's for occasional outside use.  I have all Winter to research.  Something small and durable and easy to go in and out with.  A forum member had a Cambridge rated at 60 WPC, but I'm thinking I want more power.  What series is your 1700?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QSC-1700-Professional-Stereo-Amplifier-AMP-551-/201081874574?pt=US_Pro_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item2ed169e88e

The main reason i went with this amp, it has plenty of power, and uses the older tin can type power transisters, that can be replaced buy the user/hobbyist, the output SCRs are availble on Ebay also, if ever needed.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 2

I see that 1700 has 325 wpc...what pre are you using?  Is his stuff restored or just "tested & working"?  I like the $179 price tag.

Surplus, tested and working, im sure if you got something that quit, they would work with you. iv had nothing butr great luck with these guys.

They seem to buy recording studios and theater stuff. my Pre is a import Xiang Sheng 728A from the Bay, and works so well, i bought one for the wife.

• Like 2