Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Knowing you may have had a good day.

Came back by self and playing some music and cable.

Had some Bailey's Irish to follow my Mogen David.

Tonight, drinking a RR for Old Buckster. Cold that is... :emotion-22:

Coffee will be the good old reliable friend to awaken.

I see a jam in the making. Stings and cables... :emotion-44::emotion-29:

• Like 4

Morning Gang

Looking like most survived Thanksgiving.

60+ here for the last day according to the impending weather change coming.

They say weekend rain, real rain, we shall see.

Last day for workin on the boat, ordered over a grand on Ebay/amazon just in stereo gear, nothing fancy just Marine grade everything.

Lookin like a total Rewire on the boat, today cutting access/hand holes.

Outta Scotch, but there is no way im driving anywhere in this state today.

Housewife hell on the roads in Kalif.

• Like 5

LF has been gone 7 days.....20 more to go :(  She is headed for Ireland, England, and Italy.

Working on my second Evan Williams Single Barrel on the rocks.

Lunch at the Irish restaurant yesterday was good but no leftovers today :o

Chicken pot pie in the oven.

Cheers :emotion-46: Gents

• Like 6

Welp, fixed the Volvo Wednesday before going over for Thanksgiving 50+ miles away. Returned last evening with a bite? from a spider on my leg. Internet showed may be a Recluse but walk in emergency said put cortisone cream on it. And if gets red,worse,etc, to fill an antibiotic script she wrote for me. Mad rush at Wally World had softened alot so I got script filled and picked up a tarp. Not for the window, as I used a garbage bag to cover for tonight. Maybe weather will moderate until I can get it up, and find replace parts. Abit of a chilly ride this afternoon.

When it rains it pours. Volvo window would not rollup after doing an ATM today before doctor. Seems some flimsy plastic for the up/down button gave out recently, now the metal like plastic part broke.

Could always be worse...I suppose. Now for a quiet evening with the cats and music.

Heard Christmas music at Wal-Mart...imagine that.

• Like 5

Good evening guys .. a bit late for coffee so this is diet Coke and Cables for me. Thanksgiving went well .. had to finally pull the turkey from the smoker and finish inside. Something about high altitude and cool temps, but any more smoke might have been too much. Baxter is a happy dude with turkey tastes and kids to play with. Goofed off today except for contacting Music Direct about a faulty new cd player. Fantastic customer service ... don't even have to pay for return shipping and they will send us a new one. Takes a major bite and irritant out of on-line shopping. Highly recommended.

Hang in there Tarheel .. she'll be back before ya know it.

• Like 4

Hey Bruce....it is a PS-14.  I don't see the date unless it is the first two digits of the serial number which would be 97. 

Your gal must be a musician Chuck--I believe the PS-14 goes for several thousand $$$.  Like Bruce, I love Taylors -- Great sound.  Just my preference; but, I’ll take a Taylor over a Martin any day.   I believe you are correct about the date--i’m sure Taylor website has page about how to read the serial numbers; but, i believe you have a 1997.  Rock On Brother!

Oh yeah, you mentioned watching lessons on You Tube -- there’s this guy on You Tube named Marty Schwartz -- excellent dude.  He used to be a school teacher and is really good at conveying information in an easy to understand manner. 

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 5

Was up at 430 am, 2 cups of coffee then some black Friday shopping for a gift for the boy.   Back home by 630 am took a nap till 830 am more coffee was needed.  Turned on the NE/IA game.  Thought at first was going to be another a$$ kicking from IA, we some how NE came back and won it in overtime.  I actually took a nap after half time, then woke up to the win.   Maybe I just need to sleep more often during the game.  Well now time for vodka/cranberry, wife is decorating for Christmas.  

• Like 6

Oh yeah, you mentioned watching lessons on You Tube

James Taylor gives lessons on his website. If you sign up for his mailing list, there's more...

http://www.jamestaylor.com/guitar-lessons/

And Taylor's SN page:

http://www.taylorguitars.com/blog/taylor-support/faq-when-was-my-guitar-made-0

Bruce

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 4

• Moderators
JL Sargent, on 28 Nov 2014 - 8:11 PM, said:

Hanging out with Carl tomorrow and gonna have a Bleu Cheese burger at the famous Wille Burger of Beaumont Tx! It doesn't get much better than that when you consider Carl makes the best Da*m vodka martinis around! Like is good.

Now that sounds like a good time. :emotion-21:

• Like 4

Thanks for the information Steve and Bruce.  I will check out both sites.  Keep in mind that I have never picked up a guitar till now so this may take a while :mellow:  Bruce I hate to hear you are selling your guitar.  Steve as I mentioned she has seven guitars and I really don't know what I'm looking at when I saw them all.  Two are electric the rest acoustic.  We took a Martin to a certified service center to have some inlay reattached.  Her late husband was a dentist but also had a recording studio. 

JL....I envy your outing with Carl.  Good burgers and martinis.....yum.  Report back please....better yet send pictures.

duder sounds like he has the proper order for this holiday season :)

LF had a suggestion when I was relaying news about our coffee thread the other day.  I told her we were like friends that have never met in person.  She asked if there was a way we could Skype on the forum.  Maybe Chad could figure this out.  Perhaps we are all to old, fat, and ugly to want to do that :D

Retirees.......it's only Saturday.  Go back to bed!

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 4

It all sounds good!

Went to bed early, just got up.

Feed the cats. Change their water.

Play with one,pet the other.

Make some coffee.

Drink some before typing here.

Hope the traffic keeps it between the lines this weekend.

Same as I tell people with a drug problem... :emotion-44:

• Like 4

Listening to a little "country" this morning.....Emmylou Harris and Carl Jackson.  Cranked a bit and sounding good.

My bud dtel is walking me through streaming Pandora.  Looking forward to continuous music.

Jake laying in the sun.....likes it cold.  Talked with LF just now......

• Like 4

Couple of cups of Major Dickinsons Blend enhanced w/Duggans.

Back on the Bay buying Boat goodies, great time to buy Marine oriented items.

Stereo iv purchased for this farmers boat, Sony head unit, 2K amp, Eight 8" marine speakers and #14 cable.

No sub planned as of yet, really want to hear it before going that far.

Total Dash redesign, little glass work here and there, and i think iv killed all the spiders.

• Like 5