Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

billybob, on 18 Nov 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

I thought this was a coffee and cable thread.

It is, but coffee led to alcohol which somehow led to crevasses which led to Chuck bringing it all back around to cables a couple of post back.

Do you really expect us to stay on topic anywhere on the forum ?  That get's boring :D

Well, I just don't want to hear about anyone's hemmorhoids. A brother told me about the surgery blow by blow and well, I heard enoughabout enough. It wasn't boring though... :)

:emotion-41:  I get the point :(

• Like 4

13 degrees. 6.5 feet of snow in Buffalo and at least 2 more scheduled.

Western New York, where men are men and so are the women.

I have a good friend who is from Buffalo, lives and works here in the Sacramento area, he's in no hurry to go back and visit.

My new overhead Tv provides me with many cheap westerns and news, the westerns look better than the weather.

Also wired into the the PC for large format video display, wife and i watched Riverdance wile cranking 32Wpc last night.

So with your fresh snow, that means your in the snow pack till May?

• Like 6

13 degrees. 6.5 feet of snow in Buffalo and at least 2 more scheduled.

Western New York, where men are men and so are the women.

Once you are done brushing the snow from your car, please don't forget to let the dog back in before pouring the coffee. :wink:

Lancster NY car.jpg

coffee pouring .gif

Alden NY dog in snow.jpg

post-36163-0-63960000-1416403294_thumb.j

post-36163-0-69640000-1416403317_thumb.j

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 8

Wow, that is some snow!  Be safe.

On a brighter note, I'm sure some of you use the Chemex method of brewing your coffee....I've been doing it for about a year now, and really like it, particularly with the darker roasts.  Great flavor and smoothness.

• Like 4

25 degrees now and a bit lower in area around here. Glad we put a prophylactic for security around the well tank and associated lines. Plumber came back yesterday and fixed a leak around gauge of new tank, and thought we needed a new outdoor faucet but a wrench and screwdriver fixed that. Good old school weather I remember as a kid here in N Florida. One more night tonight and then it is to Peter out some...coffee is good... :emotion-44:

• Like 2

Thanks for the video Jimbo!  May have to try that.  A little labor intensive perhaps but hey I have nothing but time.

34 degrees here at 9:20 am and sunny.  Jake loves it.  Wow billybob's weather is colder than here in NC!

Brought home a Taylor guitar from LF's house to try while she is away.  Home and then Europe....gone for six weeks :(

Set your calendars retirees.......it's Wednesday

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 3

Happy Wednesday, gents. We get storms like Buffalo every so often, but not as often. Different story in the foothills and mountains 20 or so miles west of us. Baxter is settling into his new digs quite well and thinks he's lived here for years, or so it seems. Good news. Will check back later. Chuck.

• Like 5

Thanks for the video Jimbo!  May have to try that.  A little labor intensive perhaps but hey I have nothing but time.

34 degrees here at 9:20 am and sunny.  Jake loves it.  Wow billybob's weather is colder than here in NC!

Brought home a Taylor guitar from LF's house to try while she is away.  Home and then Europe....gone for six weeks :(

Set your calendars retirees.......it's Wednesday

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

You are welcome.  You don't have to be quite as.....OCD....about it as the guy in the video is, but it is important to pre-rinse the filter in the Chemex with hot water, then dump that water out, which will pre-heat the glass.  I always pre-heat my cup as well.  Really nice method, probably the best I've tried so far.

• Like 2

• Moderators
'Tarheel', on 19 Nov 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:'Tarheel', on 19 Nov 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

34 degrees here at 9:20 am and sunny

Guess I'm getting a little use to the cold, 25 the last three nights, just really glad it did not look like this, just proof humans do not belong where it's that cold. ;)

post-9700-0-06000000-1416416029_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

Glad we put a prophylactic for security around the well tank and associated lines.

No little house around it, it would make things a lot easier ?

I have always had a house but GF's place is different. Guess I could bang a few nails since dad was a master carpenter.

You just gave me an idea though. We built a 4x4x4 doghouse for Xena out of good ply, with a tin cover besides the ply.

We could probably re-use the doghouse.BTW, never had to spend the night there...so far. :)

Nan came back with some space age insulated material we put on after plumber left. Thin but, good so far. Shouldn't play with the weather I know. Had to do without water 25 or so years ago due to ice. Couldn't wash my head for a week an had huge lumps on my head. Dermatoligist said I caught a case of severe dandruff. Still trying to figure out.

I would feel better. Will see.

• Like 3

Morning Gang

Looks like we are taking care of Joe, one thing this forum does well.

Winter has come early, hope everyone is prepared.

I should be filling my propane tanks this week for mancave cold evenings/mornings, it will be getting a bit on the nippy side soon.

55 in the cave and going for another cup-0-joe .....

Edited by minermark
  • Like 5