Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

ChuckAb3, on 17 Nov 2014 - 08:25 AM, said: He's a happy boy and we are delighted!!

Well great for both of you, I would bet he is happier than you about the change. :emotion-21:

Hey Chuck....let's see a photo of Baxter.  Congrats to you and to Baxter.....enjoy!

No doubt he's the happiest of all. Thanks guys. Will try to get a pic uploaded soon. BTW he does like rock 'n roll on the B-3 AND on the Cornwalls! My kinda pooch.

• Like 2

These dogs really need, or care for there owners more than you might think, this story is out of Texas. The dogs owner was in the ambulance and he wanted to go, he rode here (pic) for 15 miles until another car seen him and they let him inside the ambulance.

https://gma.yahoo.com/dog-hitches-ambulance-driving-owner-hospital-181826452--abc-news-pets.html

They really do care and are loyal. Makes it even more appalling how some folks treat them. Our guy was abandoned somewhere around KC and a good Samaritan took him to an ASPCA shelter, which handed him over to the Springer rescue operation. Thank God for the kind people in this world.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

Well wiring problems are the worst for shade tree mechanics, the problem could be anywhere. I did house wiring and electrical work offshore, but cars are not normal, they do things on car wiring which will drive any electrician crazy. Today there are so many sensors and electrical things on a car it's amazing, you can even get seats that blow smoke up you @zz as an option, ok not quite but close.

At one time I loved to work on cars, can't stand it anymore, just happy when they get me where I want to go.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Not that you needed a reason to drink coffee but here is a few good reasons.

https://www.yahoo.com/health/potential-super-antioxidant-in-coffee-may-protect-102882566142.html

Part of the story................................

Past research has shown coffee is packed with antioxidants and their subsequent benefits, potentially preventing conditions like cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.

Now, a new study suggests a chemical compound found in coffee might protect against a host of obesity-related diseases, as well.

So, what’s this buzzy nutrient in your cup of joe?

It’s a potent antioxidant called chlorogenic acid (CGA), which scientists focused on in a new study published in Pharmaceutical Research. For 15 weeks, the researchers fed mice a high-fat diet while also injecting them with a chlorogenic acid solution twice a week. Not only did the CGA prevent the mice from gaining weight during the test period, but the effects against obesity were also promising.

• Like 4

No one seems to understand.  I've been waiting 3 years for my name came up to have my Marantz 2500 restored ..  Gentleman in Montana,

Tom at Vintage Electronics Restoration Service  is going to work on it.  

About the best I get is "That;s nice."   

• Like 7

https://www.yahoo.com/health/potential-super-antioxidant-in-coffee-may-protect-102882566142.html

Past research has shown coffee is packed with antioxidants and their subsequent benefits, potentially preventing conditions like cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.

Now, a new study suggests a chemical compound found in coffee might protect against a host of obesity-related diseases, as well.

It’s a potent antioxidant called chlorogenic acid (CGA), which scientists focused on in a new study published in Pharmaceutical Research. For 15 weeks, the researchers fed mice a high-fat diet while also injecting them with a chlorogenic acid solution twice a week. Not only did the CGA prevent the mice from gaining weight during the test period, but the effects against obesity were also promising.

Hell, I had to go low carb and gluten free to lose weight. All I had to do is drink more coffee!! Now they tell me. Mornin' all ... it's warming up temporarily in Colorado and life is good. Baxter is settling in to his new digs and we think he's getting the idea that no one is going to send him away again. Will start some leash training later today if we get enough ice melted away. Check back in a while.

• Like 4

Cool but sunny....I can deal with that.  It's the dreary gray days that I can do without.

Started a large pot of chili this morning.  Using ground turkey :mellow:

Jake is frisky and wants to play.

How was the night with Baxter?

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

Baxter is sleeping through the night on his bed and that's a blessing in itself. He loves to play and wants to attack his rope tug first thing in the morning. We try not to disappoint. He's a lover dog of the first order and a happy soul. Thanks for asking!! Chuck

• Like 5

Good info dtel!

Good and good for you.  Win win!

• Like 4

This is the greatest news I've read in a long time. I think an IV version would be appropriate since its that good for us. I'll see about bringing it to market. Maybe open a coffee bar with IV drip option - the "Chlorogenic Clense." I may be able to retire early! Hmmmmm...

• Like 4

Hey guys, seems like all is doing "OK".....yea it's cold here today and kinda windy. I'm good as long as that snow stays North for awhile. I've been trying to get a snow-blower on one of my tractors. I have a bunch of older Craftman GT6000 lawn tractors. If I find them on CL I will ****** them up.....good for parts. So ......eth2 ......keep the snow up North, till I get my blower ready. lol lol

Well yesterday was full of surprises.......we were using the CRV since the van broke......my wife came back from the bank and told me the CRV was shaking. After some investigating I found the right front brake caliper locked-up. That front wheel was smoking.

Oh well.... I've put this off long enough off to the shop I go.....it's late.....

Check-in later :-)

• Like 4

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 18 Nov 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

I think dtel just ordered one of THESE.  Nothing butt the best for him!

I really really love coffee but I can only taste it using the other end. (my other end)

Who would come up with something like that, it's crazy really, they can just stick that idea up there......

Are people really that bored, hey lets try sticking this...... :o

• Like 2