Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Back from my Farm run, loaded up the cleaned up, Dollar slot mach and returned it to the farmer(s).

Meanwile they are loading up my truck with costco vodka, Duggans, Pecans, walnuts, i passed on the offer for weed :P

Hella day to work on the boat project but that's the agenda, total rework of the dash, new Gauges and such :unsure:

Checked in on the "Joe thread" he seems to be doing better now, a very good thing. :emotion-21: 

• Like 4

Happy Friday, guys. Gonna be a good day. My lady is off work for a change and we're getting ready for Thanksgiving mob. Getting my Leslie (tone cabinet/speaker for the B-3) checked out for a weird noise, so my living room concerts can continue unabated. Sunny and mild in Denver metro and Baxter is settled into his new home and ready for a walk. Life is mostly simple these days and I couldn't ask for more. What a gift!! Check back later. (P.s. thanks to all who pitched in for Joe). Chuck.

• Like 3

It's Saturday for all you retirees who forgot to wind your calendars!

41 and sunny here.  LF is in Wheeling....our first day apart in six weeks.  Not much planned other than taking critter to the dog park and stopping by Whole Foods to get him a large bone.

Need to make a trip to the ABC store.....hearing good things about Evan Williams Single Barrel bourbon.  May get wild and crazy and turn on the much neglected sound system. 

Have the LF's Taylor guitar here so I may take a beginners YouTube guitar lesson later.  She has 7 guitars and it seems a shame to not be able to play one. 

What do you guys have planned for the weekend?

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 6

What do we have planned? Well, I'm coaching my son's 5th grade basketball team against nearby rival Locust Fork in a couple of hours. That should be fun.

Later my wife with sister n law will be making holiday candy. I'll be the official taster. Yep, life is good.

• Like 5

Morning!! Got the Leslie fixed yesterday and celebrated with a rousing (?) rendition of 'Hi Heel Sneakers' on the B.  Mostly getting ready for the Thanksgiving mob today. Groceries, table leaf, check supply of pecan chunks for smoking, etc., winterize lawn mower (not sure how that fits in). What are you guys doing for the holiday next week??

• Like 3

• Moderators
Tarheel, on 22 Nov 2014 - 07:54 AM, said:

It's Saturday for all you retirees who forgot to wind your calendars!

I gave up winding it, just happy to wake up :D

41 and sunny here.  LF is in Wheeling....our first day apart in six weeks.  Not much planned other than taking critter to the dog park and stopping by Whole Foods to get him a large bone.

Need to make a trip to the ABC store.....hearing good things about Evan Williams Single Barrel bourbon.  May get wild and crazy and turn on the much neglected sound system. 

It does not seem like it's been 6 weeks.   And YES you need to turn on some sound, has the LF heard it ?

Have the LF's Taylor guitar here so I may take a beginners YouTube guitar lesson later.  She has 7 guitars and it seems a shame to not be able to play one. 

She plays ?  Try it out, you do look like the beach bum, hippie, guitar playing kind of guy already, it would be a perfect fit.  :P

What do you guys have planned for the weekend?

90%chance of rain this evening and tomorrow, but before that picking up a little from a family party out at the bar last night. A fire to cook hotdogs then smores, it was our daughters idea, for the grandkids, well that was the excuse they used . We brought out the blender and made some frozen drinks for the adults, there all still sleeping.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 3

• Moderators
What are you guys doing for the holiday next week??

The same as you, except for the lawnmower and Pecan chunks.

Get the last few things needed, then cook and hope the mob eats most of it, (not really a problem) I love it but do not want to eat it for many day afterwards.

• Like 4

Checking traffic patterns on 2 interstates to Tampa and back X 2 BTB.

Someone has to do it. Using 2 diff. routes as I have a closer cut for when I am behind the clock.

Flexibility is crucial when carrying 250+ medical specimens. Avoiding traffic delays from accidents

when possible is a must. Some days better than other's as I only have so much control over situation.

Coffee and the speedometer cable working make it all possible for my style of driving. Watching the other

driver and dodging their antics always reminding me about the calculus of probabilities, meaning that if I

continue to drive in traffic, there will almost inevitably be a fender bender of some degree, or worse.

Thanksgiving is typically over at Nancy's sister's place. Of course, I have to see my hometown friend

of many years, as he is married to her sister. Not much to think about or decide. Sometimes it is nice to be taken for

granted. Other times, not so much.

I remain your friend, Billy :emotion-44:

• Like 5