Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

63 degrees and sunny.....may take critter to the beach for a walk.  Coffee done and LF off to tennis.  Delivered the LF's Martin D45 to authorized Martin repair guy in Raleigh.  Did I mention he is laid back?  He came to the door at 11:00 am in pajamas and bedroom shoes.  Works out of his home.  Then had a nice lunch and a 3 mile walk in Umstead Park prior to the drive home.  Nice day :smile:

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 7

63 degrees and sunny.....may take critter to the beach for a walk.  Coffee done and LF off to tennis.  Delivered the LF's Martin D45 to authorized Martin repair guy in Raleigh.  Did I mention he is laid back?  He came to the door at 11:00 am in pajamas and bedroom shoes.  Works out of his home.  Then had a nice lunch and a 3 mile walk in Umstead Park prior to the drive home.  Nice day :smile:

Count your blessings!! It's single digit temps and snow in Denver metro this a.m. Good news regardless of that .... we're getting our Springer Spaniel rescue pup on Sunday. Couldn't be happier. Have a great day everyone.

• Like 5

Good morning to all. Weather still ok here, should be 60 by the afternoon. Should be getting much cooler at the end of the week. We got 3 cords of wood delivered to the house on Monday. Still gotta get the chimney cleand, should have done this a few weeks ago.

This is also the time of the year where I have to deal with the........LEAVES.......it's a battle every year.....but this year I have a new piece of equipment. It's a Pro-Billy Goat leaf vac.....oh yea....it's on a swing hitch on my F250. This summer I made a enclosure for the back of my truck. So I'll suck those leaves up and shoot them into the back of the truck. Now to get them out of the truck....pull the pin on the hitch the unit swings away from the tail gate, I'll open the doors on my enclosre and use the Billy Goat to suck them out the truck. It's on this year.

Take care all, I'll check in later.....Mark :-)

• Like 4

• Moderators
MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE, on 12 Nov 2014 - 08:58 AM, said: We got 3 cords of wood delivered to the house on Monday.

You have me by 2 cords, we need another one soon. We use about 2 a year if is a bad winter, we use it in a heater not a fireplace and it's very efficient which is a good thing it's our only heat. :o  ONE big thing is we don't live in Maryland, quite a difference in winters.

What do you do with all your leaves ?

Edited by dtel
  • Like 5

We're fortunate.  There are 2 palate companies near where I work.  Their oak scraps consist of 2x12's roughly a foot long.  They vary wildly in size though.  For $25.00 you can fill the bed of your pick up.  They'll scoop and load whatever size low boy you have for $30.00.

• Like 3

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 12 Nov 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

We're fortunate.  There are 2 palate companies near where I work.  Their oak scraps consist of 2x12's roughly a foot long.  They vary wildly in size though.  For $25.00 you can fill the bed of your pick up.  They'll scoop and load whatever size low boy you have for $30.00.

Good deal, pallets wood burns well, I don't know what type of Oak they use but it's usually really tough. I had some Live Oak pieces once and a friend used his splitter to split them is was straining to break them. I would hardly burn, it was so hard it wouldn't light unless there was a thick bed of coals to get it started.

• Like 2

I would hardly burn, it was so hard it wouldn't light unless there was a thick bed of coals to get it started.

It is tough.  We've gotten some 4x4 looking chunks from them before.  The pine ones burned pretty well but the oak had to be turned frequently to get them to burn completely up.

• Like 2

Looks tasty JL.....put that on my list.

1.  Dinner at JL's

A crispness in the air this morning that was absent yesterday.  32 degrees forecasted for Saturday morning.  Wish I could say the cold air invigorates me but it just makes me cold :mellow:

Anyone hear from akdave? 

LF has 7 guitars so I am thinking I should take a lesson.  I've told myself and others for so long that I have no musical ability without ever confirming that statement.  Time to find out.  YouTube has beginner lessons....any other ideas?  Maybe my bud Steve (BigStewMan) out on the left coast will respond.

For all my fellow retiree's it's Thursday and still November!

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 4

Tarheel, take those lessons!! You've nothing to lose and will probably have some fun learning a few chords. Who knows ... next thing we know you may be in Nashville or at Carnegie Hall. Another cold day in Colorado. May have to venture out today ... but nothing "invigorating" about it!! Back later ....

• Like 4