Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

88 predicted today, all current Norcal fires under control.

Should be an easy Monday, wife has to work this Columbus day, because the state traded it for "Ceaser Chavez Day"........only in Calif.

New Monitor/Tv is working out great, nice to see the games after all these years without a TV in the Cave.

Today new antenna(s) to go up, if im online by noon, means i did not go through the roof.

Time for that first cup.....

• Like 3

Good morning guys and well done Dave :emotion-21:  Hope you're getting some rest. 

I've settled down a bit and have decided on one lady to spend time with and she is as jbart would say "top notch".  We both are insatiable with each other and probably getting less sleep than akdave :smile:  

And speaking of coupling and cables one of the R2R was not putting out sound on one speaker though the VU meters were moving.  Cleaned the heads twice and no improvement.  Checked the cables and one of those rascals was loose.  Problem solved.

Well gotta get cleaned up and ready for Sugarbritches who is coming by later.....

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 4

Good morning guys and well done Dave :emotion-21:  Hope you're getting some rest. 

I've settled down a bit and have decided on one lady to spend time with and she is as jbart would say "top notch".  We both are insatiable with each other and probably getting less sleep than akdave :smile:  

And speaking of coupling and cables one of the R2R was not putting out sound on one speaker though the VU meters were moving.  Cleaned the heads twice and no improvement.  Checked the cables and one of those rascals was loose.  Problem solved.

Well gotta get cleaned up and ready for Sugarbritches who is coming by later.....

My, My That is some kind of good news, got a hold of one who will burn some of that energy off eh? :emotion-21: :emotion-21: 

• Like 5

• Moderators
And speaking of coupling and cables one of the R2R was not putting out sound on one speaker though the VU meters were moving. Cleaned the heads twice and no improvement. Checked the cables and one of those rascals was loose. Problem solved.

I love it when it's something simple and not something broken.

Have fun

• Like 4

A lot of congrats to go out here...

akDave on your 2nd boy...Fantastic !   :smile: 

Tarheel for habadahabadahabada !  Don't be fallin' too fast   :wub:

Minermark for new TV in the cave and fires under control   ;)

• Like 4

Morning Gang:

Tv in the Cave has been pretty dam nice, keeping track of current events as well as weather, and i see by where Dtel lives, he is getting some weather.

70s finely as of today we now have Fall.

New antenna(s) installed yesterday, final wire-in today, and Tv running on scanner Ant will now have it's own FTA (Free Through Air) Feed.

First cup down, going for a few more. better clean my gutters today.

• Like 4

Another night with the new lady friend.....how long can we keep this up (or can I keep it up)? 

By the way she loves my sound system and wants music with morning coffee.  Played a little Ray LaMontagne.  She has a very nice, new house with speakers in the ceiling but now that she has heard a good 2 channel system she is hooked.  She knows a little about equipment......her late husband had a recording studio at their home.

Don't think the critter likes sharing his time with the new lady though he likes her.  She is off for a bike ride and tennis and I'm off to the beach with critter.

• Like 4

I say, good day! Rain started last night and is continuing with big thunderboomers and lightning. Electricity still on. :emotion-44:

May have to dog it off a day or two. Keep them coming back for more music Mr.T :emotion-29:No coaxing!

Hope you get rainfade Mark :smile:

Edited by billybob
  • Like 2

• Moderators
New antenna(s) installed yesterday, final wire-in today, and Tv running on scanner Ant will now have it's own FTA (Free Through Air) Feed.

I wish we could get FTA here but were to far away, I hear the quality is good. Good deal a tv in the cave, if you have wireless you could get videos and play it through you cave speakers. 

• Like 2

A lot of congrats to go out here...

akDave on your 2nd boy...Fantastic !   :smile: 

Tarheel for habadahabadahabada !  Don't be fallin' too fast   :wub:

Minermark for new TV in the cave and fires under control   ;)

Congrats gentlemen.

I haven't said anything, but yes congrats

• Like 4

Wednesday, ok, morning gang.

Not much done yesterday, rain drizzel was predicted, covered the boat, mowed the lawn and Taco Tuesday kind of burned up my day.

Wake up to yep, Drizzel, just enough rain for breddin Skitters.

Easy day, today i wire in the FTA leed(s), still hooked up to the old scanner Ant, have rain fade and screen freeze on a dry day with that thing.

First cup w/Duggans done, going for second.

• Like 3

I wish we could get FTA here but were to far away, I hear the quality is good. Good deal a tv in the cave, if you have wireless you could get videos and play it through you cave speakers. 

Everyone can get FTA if the Antenna is correct for the location, you would likely need a long range Wineguard and a rotor.

Im in the Burbs, so FTA is not a big deal, im going for long range Frisco stations.

Pic is that of my current scanner Ant pickin up 13 stations w/fade now and again.

post-57941-0-47800000-1413377655_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 3

• Moderators
Everyone can get FTA if the Antenna is correct for the location, you would likely need a long range Wineguard and a rotor. Im in the Burbs, so FTA is not a big deal, im going for long range Frisco stations. Pic is that of my current scanner Ant pickin up 13 stations w/fade now and again.

I had looked it up a good while back, we are right on the outer edge of where they say the long range antenna should work. I decided to skip it because of the expensive and possibly no signal, between tall trees and being on the fringe of the range it could all be a waste ? 

When we first moved out here I set up a big antenna on a 25' pole, we got about 2.5 stations and there was no cable here so we ended up with satellite. I ended up using the antenna for FM radio, after about a year I took it all down. I was afraid of lightning frying all the stereo stuff, it just was not worth it for FM radio and all it's commercials, but I did get a crazy amount of FM stations.

• Like 3

Winegard near fringe is what we are using. Height should be high enough to be able to clear solid obstacles and to be able to trim height as height does not always get it. FTA is abbre. usually used for satellite. And OTA typically, is your locals. We use a pre-amp channel master amp with great success.

Was wishing Mark rain for the forest fires. :)

Hope he doesn't get into antenna stacking.

Don't know much but was in satellite and off-air for  a quarter of a century.

Would say I miss it but, thanks to the occasional storm, I am reminded. :emotion-44:

Edited by billybob
  • Like 2