Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning gang:

First cup of Major Dickinsons Blend w/the Duggans, wife made the pot so i dont know how much she put in it.

It's real coffee baby, Good thing i cleaned the pot before crashing last night. this coffee has some dam fine flavor, and if i did not know better, i can feel it.

Ahh, the wife is up, time for some questioning and a second cup. 

• Like 2

Morning Guys!  A little cool here to start the day.  First cup under the belt and ready for another.  Critter now prefers the porch to inside with the cooler weather.  Works for me.  Spent $61 on dog food yesterday....yikes!  He eats better than I do.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 5

Cables?  I hooked some up this weekend.

I had my back patio system down while the house was being painted.  Finally got around to hooking the speakers and sub back up.  Saturday afternoon/evening we barbq'd and fired it back up.  I forgot how much I enjoyed that system.  Finally shut it down at 11:30, surprised the police didn't show.  I had a bad case of drink creep with the volume knob.  Drink creep..............I should coin that.

Coffee?  Still pounding the 8 o'clock every morning.  Seemed extra good this morning. 

• Like 3

Morning Guys!  A little cool here to start the day.  First cup under the belt and ready for another.  Critter now prefers the porch to inside with the cooler weather.  Works for me.  Spent $61 on dog food yesterday....yikes!  He eats better than I do.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

When I was a kid, a couple of brothers put Dog Food in bowls, added sugar and milk, and were scarfing it down.  They offered me some saying it was really good.

I passed.  Maybe I missed out on a real treat..

• Like 2

Morning gang:

Making the pot with a slight Mod today, thinned out the Major Dickinsons Blend with a tad of Folgers.

Wife was getting the jitters before she even went to work yesterday.

90 yet again today, another light work load day, new monitor as yet to be installed.

Really must start the wall work to hide these dam cables.

I suspect Tarheel is keeping busy.

• Like 3

Today's date is 10-07-14. Remember years ago when we were talking about the future and what it would be like in the year 2000? Cannot believe how time is flying by!

I never imagined that I would collect so much electronic gear that I do not use...  (small lol)

• Like 4

Had my coffee like usual. Went to start the jeep to go to work and nothing. Ugh dead battery, I was able to get it jump started. But once I let my foot off it would die. So now I am setting on the side of the road a 1/2 mile from work waiting for one of my field techs.

Glad to see all minermark has to do is install his monitor. Oh well least it happened now instead of the dead of winter.

• Like 2

• Moderators
duder1982, on 07 Oct 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

Had my coffee like usual. Went to start the jeep to go to work and nothing. Ugh dead battery, I was able to get it jump started. But once I let my foot off it would die. So now I am setting on the side of the road a 1/2 mile from work waiting for one of my field techs.

Glad to see all minermark has to do is install his monitor. Oh well least it happened now instead of the dead of winter.

Had the same thing happen last week, battery in the jeep Cherokee was turning over the engine slower than normal. After a few days and cleaning the connections no change. While this was going on when you would start it, it would not idle cold, it would kill, you would have to give it a little gas to keep it going. New battery and it starts fine and idles perfect when cold.

Probably an older model then yours but sounds similar, it's a 01 model.

• Like 3

duder1982, on 07 Oct 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

Had the same thing happen last week, battery in the jeep Cherokee was turning over the engine slower than normal. After a few days and cleaning the connections no change. While this was going on when you would start it, it would not idle cold, it would kill, you would have to give it a little gas to keep it going. New battery and it starts fine and idles perfect when cold.

Probably an older model then yours but sounds similar, it's a 01 model.

Dropped my BMW off at the dealer yesterday and picked up a loaner.  Check engine light came on. They know me very well by now as I've told them as long as the warranty is in effect--i'm bringing it in for EVERYTHING.  They've already put a new transmission in and a new computer (that displays everything about the car). Warranty expires next July and that makes me uncomfortable since repairs are ridiculous (for example, that Transmission would have been over $7,000).  Guess i'll have to get a new one next summer just to have to security of being covered under a warranty.

• Like 2

My wife's CPO warranty on her BMW runs out June of next year.  I told her she has till April to figure out what she wants to replace it with.

smart move. I've got a 528 and while i like it just fine, i'm not committed to another BMW either.  Have always liked the looks of those Toyota FJ Cruisers; but, don't know much about them.  My problem is that I'm a chameleon -- i love the city and could live in the bowels of Los Angeles; however, lately have been considering something out of the city (not too far) mountains maybe...i can be happy anywhere, so  that Toyota looks like it could suit both locales (i already ruled out Range Rover). I just don't know...yet.

FJ's are being discontinued this year.  My brother has one, it's built like a tank.  He was rear ended in his.  The other vehicle totaled, the FJ was fixed in about a week, no frame straightening required.

My wife loves the car but thinks she wants a small SUV like a Grand Cherokee.  The 328 we have has had 2 semi major issues expense wise.  The AC compressor (part alone was 1400.00) and a wiring issue it took the dealership 6 weeks to figure out.  We paid a 50.00 deductible each time.  I wouldn't have wanted to come out of pocket for either one.

FJ's are being discontinued this year.
Any idea what they're being replaced with?  I was never partial to the Sequias or Forerunners or Expeditions or Excursions (which i detest since that is our work vehicle). FJs were a bit different than the run of the mill SUV.  Thanks for that info.