Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
On that note, we have service pro out cleaning our basemen. Do to some flooding caused by a contractor not turning a valve off. Sounds like the cleaning process is a lot more then expected. They take everything out a separate into 2 piles. One that's salvageable, one that's not. The stuff that isn't along with the damaged material gets replaced, well is supposed to get replaced. We will see how it goes.

Good luck with the basement pool, hope it works out good, and glad you didn't have a theater down there.

• Like 3

On that note, we have service pro out cleaning our basemen. Do to some flooding caused by a contractor not turning a valve off. Sounds like the cleaning process is a lot more then expected. They take everything out a separate into 2 piles. One that's salvageable, one that's not. The stuff that isn't along with the damaged material gets replaced, well is supposed to get replaced. We will see how it goes.

Good luck with the basement pool, hope it works out good, and glad you didn't have a theater down there.

Everything that could have been cleaned was, now we just need to see what needs to be thrown out so we can get it replaced.  I was hoping if the Jamborees I built were, I could then pass them off as Jubilees and get a new pair of Jubilees :emotion-14:. But I am grateful  that nothing was really ruined, well nothing real important. 

• Like 2

Just to break things up a little, it's Ok I can see cables in this video, it's Jimmy Page talking about how he wrote stairway, kind of interesting the way it was intended and how he listens with a turntable right in front of his chair.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29550639

i will check that out after work...read something once that he or Plant was mad because of the criticism about the song having to do with the devil.  He said the song has nothing to do with evil.  saw a tv show one time where some guy was playing tapes backwards...he played Stairway, stuff was there; but, was i duped by the show, was the  band duped by an engineer.  i've no idea.

whilst not backwards masking, i recall Brian May of Queen asking the engineer for a tape of one of the songs backwards (Tie Your Mother Down possibly) he said, "I'll go home and learn it backwards."  Of course, when he played it, it was him playing the chords in reverse order not some clever engineering trick.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

Just to break things up a little, it's Ok I can see cables in this video, it's Jimmy Page talking about how he wrote stairway, kind of interesting the way it was intended and how he listens with a turntable right in front of his chair.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29550639

i will check that out after work...read something once that he or Plant was mad because of the criticism about the song having to do with the devil.  He said the song has nothing to do with evil.  saw a tv show one time where some guy was playing tapes backwards...he played Stairway, stuff was there; but, was i duped by the show, was the  band duped by an engineer.  i've no idea.

whilst not backwards masking, i recall Brian May of Queen asking the engineer for a tape of one of the songs backwards (Tie Your Mother Down possibly) he said, "I'll go home and learn it backwards."  Of course, when he played it, it was him playing the chords in reverse order not some clever engineering trick.

I don't care what anyone says.  If you don't like that song you seem suspiciously evil to me. 

• Like 3

Morning gang:

Sunday eh? recovery day, Zip planned. coffee barely making a difference.

Lab/Cave monitor project completed, finely an HDTV in the cave and ALL wiring hidden, gone, non existent.

On yet another note, i have not been flexing my Volume like i used to before my neighbor complaint,(im sure the locals like that).

The guy that complained a month ago, came by the house wile i was gone, left a message he lost my business card.

Stopped by his house yesterday, see he has a wife on the porch with him, so i walked up and handed him another card with my phone number on it,(in case of another complaint).

This Wacco introduces me to his wife, and in the same breath, being "The Horses Azz" of the neighborhood. this guy is one of those wacked out NamVets, you get that real quick when conversing with him.

I just looked at this guy and walked back to my car, holy cow, this is the kind of wacco that is on the edge/drugs for 40+ years.

Reminds me of Bruce Durn in the movie "The Burbs".

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4

Good Sunday Morning! Cup #1. Sleep is going pretty well considering baby boy number 2 arrived Friday morning & we're back to the schedule of the infant. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... Mom, baby & big brother (age 2) are well! I'm very grateful for that! Going to take a few days off work, hopefully will catch up on some reading, football & honey do's (although I'd like to milk the time the in law's are here to get help with some of those) :-)

• Like 6

Good Sunday Morning! Cup #1. Sleep is going pretty well considering baby boy number 2 arrived Friday morning & we're back to the schedule of the infant. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... Mom, baby & big brother (age 2) are well! I'm very grateful for that! Going to take a few days off work, hopefully will catch up on some reading, football & honey do's (although I'd like to milk the time the in law's are here to get help with some of those) :-)

Congratulations! :D

• Like 3

Congratulations......

• Like 3

Not a lecture but, Columbus was brave and maybe did not know of Greenlanders coming to the continent, as it were.

Happy there is a thing called coffee and cables. Had an apple orchard and must say it is smooth and fruity and johnny apple is tart and a bit crisp, which can be good. The cider I had tried 5 years ago in S Carolina was the woodchuck. Glad I tried hard cider again.

Guess the next thing is homemade.

Coffee in order, as well as a short coax. :emotion-22::emotion-44:

The Pinta The Nina And The Santa Marie(a) :emotion-29:

Edited by billybob
  • Like 2