Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

24 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Never had it, let us know.  I think that's only found at Cosco?

Yes only at Costco as far as I know. It's their brand(Kirkland). Says it is made in France(just like Grey Goose) from the same water, same French grain, distilled 5 times yada, yada, yada.

My problem is making martinis is new to me (wonder who could have possibly got me started doing that:)) and I am by no means a vodka connoisseur.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, babadono said:

It's that bad?

Well, I tried a bottle several months ago after reading the whole "Grey Goose" comparison, etc, etc, and I honestly didn't think it was very good.  The washer fluid comment was just being snarky.....I don't drink many martinis, except when in Hope, but at the same time, I don't subscribe to the belief that once you add a mixer, any vodka will do....that's just not the case in my experience.  That's just like saying once you make a margarita, any tequila will fit the bill...no way.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, jimjimbo said:

Well, I tried a bottle several months ago after reading the whole "Grey Goose" comparison, etc, etc, and I honestly didn't think it was very good.  The washer fluid comment was just being snarky.....I don't drink many martinis, except when in Hope, but at the same time, I don't subscribe to the belief that once you add a mixer, any vodka will do....that's just not the case in my experience.  That's just like saying once you make a margarita, any tequila will fit the bill...no way.

I think it's once you make the 6th margarita any Tequila will fit the bill ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

is this the joke about my wife being "even tempered" ?

... mad all the time

no, no - no joke.  just a simple question.  (in case you're a manager at, say, a certain wings establishment or something like that.)  but still - just a question.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

I think it's once you make the 6th margarita any Tequila will fit the bill ?

if I make it to 6, someone sit me in a corner so I don't fall down & hurt myself.  side effect -  maybe it will also reduce chances I will get in more trouble than I'm already in.

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

is this the joke about my wife being "even tempered" ?

... mad all the time

made hard or flexible or resilient especially by heat treatment

“a sword of tempered steel”
tempered glass”
Synonyms:
hardened, toughened, treated

curable
capable of being hardened by some additive or other agent
sunbaked
baked or hardened by exposure to sunlight; not burne
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Not sure I've made anyone more than 3 or 4 in Hope.  The glasses are pretty good size.

and I'm sure I "weigh in" in the lightweight division.  I might not find the bottom of more than 1 or 2.  mistaking me for Richie Cunningham is not very likely - 72 of those itty bitty glasses

• Like 1
  • Haha 1