Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

The trick for me is to dispense more candy than I consume.  To that end, the wife buys stuff she doesn’t like, such as Skittles or Starburst.  I, on the other hand, opt for such treats as  Baby Ruth or Heath bars.  With luck, there are still treats to pass out before the porch light goes off, or I hurl, whichever comes first.

Happy Halloween!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Tricks use to be fun too.....especially with grouchy neighbors.  I bet you Gents did your share?

Got the road rash buffed out of the S2000 wheel yesterday and it looks great.  A real relief to someone who notices every speck of dirt or blemish.

Time change Sunday......yuck!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DizRotus said:

The trick for me is to dispense more candy than I consume.  To that end, the wife buys stuff she doesn’t like, such as Skittles or Starburst.  I, on the other hand, opt for such treats as  Baby Ruth or Heath bars.  With luck, there are still treats to pass out before the porch light goes off, or I hurl, whichever comes first.

Happy Halloween!

You can always exchange the candy you don't want for Reeses.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/10/30/halloween-trade-disappointing-candy-reeses-candy-converter/1829312002/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tarheel said:

An audiophile....complete with white gloves and a tin ear.

I'm too lazy to find the appropriate thread Chuck but I'm wondering how the recovery from the himacaine is coming along locally. I know from the pictures of the other one in Mexico Beach was sickening to me seeing how the pier I stood on a year ago is no longer there, not to mention the surrounding homes/town. Also wondering if you heard or saw any reports of the impact on seafood from the floodwaters.  

Keith

• Like 2

Hey Keith,

Thanks for asking.  Clean up continues and the list for roof, gutter, and fence repair is lengthy.  Huge trucks are still picking up debris daily.  Flooding inland was even more devastating as witnessed on my recent trip to the outer banks.  We were lucky the storm weaken so much from a cat 4 to a cat 1 but all of us were saturated since it moved so slowly.  LF is still waiting for roof repair and rebuilding the fence.  She lost 18 trees. It hurts to spend the money to just get back to even but that's the way it is.

Most folks are staying out of the ocean and oyster season may suffer with all the pollution😑

• Sad 1