Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

17 hours ago, Tarheel said:

A roofing company that put a 2'x4' tarp on LF's roof ridge sent an invoice for $750.  She was being too nice so I got on the phone.  He said he sent 4 people out and that I must not understand business.  I said maybe not but I do understand gouging.....it then got heated😑.

I think that the states attorney general would like to hear this.   They frown on price gouging after natural disasters.

• Like 4

… stay up an extra hour, then set the clocks back an hour... or sleep an extra hour, or get up like regular, then set the clock back an hour till the middle of the dawn, or use the free hour to go buy a huge can of McCrappee, or search endlessly for a new picture of my fat cat laying around the house, or WAIT !!! it's Saturday, Dos Equis time....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, richieb said:

=== not so. I’m still peoples, one of you. And let’s not forget that on more than one occasion I have offered to open the castle gates and allow crossing the moat for a Jube audition. You have yet to accept. But please, please, should you accept have your “I am a little people” card with you. It brings fond memories. Agreed that mine is long ago gone, the result of cresting the “I have quite a bit of cash and good taste” threshold. Signed - $Richie the $Rich 

$Richie the $Rich, please don't leave the draw bridge down or the caste will be over run by commoners by the time I get there to audition your Jubes and ride in the Cat's first few gears (up until I get scared). I will use the servants entrance which is probably more appropriate.

2 hours ago, WillyBob said:

We haven't given in to DST here, yet.  Thank goodness

If you have to have it ...I think they run it bassackwards. It gonna be dark in the AM in winter anyway... why not have it light when you come home?

it's f...in dark now.. it sucks !

• Like 3

That was a great cartoon the first couple of years!  Mecha-Streisand and Robert Smith from the Cure saved the day!!

Kind of like an animated Sat. Night Live thing like in the late 70s. We would plan to be home or at somebody's house to see it every week.

• Like 1