Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 hours ago, babadono said:

Mom never told me I'm special or especially that I'm better than anyone else.

nah nah

We are all special... None more than any other.

Steve,

we used to throw rocks at this big as hornets nest... then hop on our bikes and haul ***.  This was in a neighborhood... Houses ten feet apart.

Elden,

to hook a mud hen using bread for bait was too easy... even when we weren't fishing for them...  They put up a good fight...

kids will play. I grew up in a big town.. Elkhart,IN  ~45,000

my friends didn't live on the wrong side of the tracks ... but, we played in the railroad yard.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, babadono said:

someone is growing up....

Yes he is, he just ran in saying paw paw I caught  fish, all he had was a lure. It's tiny but it's his second one today, and ever. So I got the i pad and took his pic, he wants to send it to his mom.

27 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

kids will play.

Yes nonstop, with his spider man fishing pole.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

Yes he is, he just ran in saying paw paw I caught  fish, all he had was a lure. It's tiny but it's his second one today, and ever. So I got the i pad and took his pic, he wants to send it to his mom.

Yes nonstop, with his spider man fishing pole.

image.jpeg

Good looking young man - are you sure he’s related to you ?😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Steve,

we used to throw rocks at this big as hornets nest... then hop on our bikes and haul ***.  This was in a neighborhood... Houses ten feet apart.

Yeah, i heard the buzzing from a a bee hive in the neighbor’s shrubs. The shrubs were way taller than I was (probably seven years old) and ran the entire length of their yard. So, I took a brick and tossed it at the hive ... i don’t know how many bees came out, but there was a superhighway of bees coming out of that hive. 

My Mom happened to look outside and see what was going on and ran to get me, she actually had to duck down as there were so many bees flying out of the hive. Lucky, they were just flying around and not dive bombing us, there were so many it most likely would have been pretty serious if they started stinging us. 

One other time, a super long line of bikers came down the street. Our street was pretty long, not sure if it was them, but there was a Hell’s Angels headquarters in Oakland. But, i’m standing on the curb waving and they’re waving back. This lady comes running out of her house, grabs me, and takes me inside until the bikers had all rode by. I guess she was afraid one of them was going to grab me and ride off. I laugh now, but that lady probably thought she was saving my life and it was kinda brave of her, so i give her credit for an intended good deed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, richieb said:

Good looking young man - are you sure he’s related to you ?😂

That's what they say anyway.

I think I created a monster, he just ran in again.

image.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

I’m guessing the biker dudes also referred you as BigStewMan ? 

probably; but hard to tell over the roar of the choppers.

when i was about 19 or 20, i went to this huge party in the desert. Easily a thousand people there. It was outside and had a live band or two (the property was big). At one point, heading over to one of the many kegs stationed about the yard and happened upon the spot where all the bikers were hanging out. No idea how many bikes were there, hundred maybe. Told my buddy, we’d better go to a different keg because if i stumbled and fell onto one of those choppers, it would be lights out for me. 

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

ours is here more than "home"

if we create a monster, we have to deal with it. 

Looks like it might be heading that way if they have to much fun ? Either way it's ok.

• Like 2

Mornin' All

Grandpa has final say... believe it or don't. She takes my words serious. If I tell her she gets ice cream if she eats her green beans, it means she gets ice cream when she finishes her green beans.Green beans isn't a good one to use. She likes my green beans. I've seen her and other folks beans ... "These aren't Grandpa's beans!" Don't know what makes mine special. I put some garlic, onion, salt and pepper in/on them... I don't cook fancy.

our mean temp is 75`...   55` low --- 95` high.. It is kinda cool this AM. No complaints. Plenty of time for that later. Cool AMs in Oct means wood cutting season is soon. Go out in the AM and get a little chill -- summer is over.

the other teacher is going around with her car. One of those hybrid Toyotas... Battery  and wiring. Rats been gnawing on stuff. Even if you don't like them or are allergic... having a few cats [barn or house] are a necessary evil.

I'm feeling like CaptJackSparrow and "Why is there always no rum?"...My coffee cup is always empty.
ha... got 2 of the "C's" in. Mark your calendar. An "on topic" comment.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

masks on the dancers... like we go to look at faces

After a few times just for research of course I have noticed YES they did have faces, who knew.

• Haha 2

After a few weeks of lock down Martinis I felt the need for a different drink.  I decided on an Old Fashion with a twist.  Instead of a sugar cube (I'm doing Atkins) I froze some liquid Splenda into miniature cubes.  Three shakes of bitters and an orange peel to garnish and 2 oz of Gentleman Jack.  Bien!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

After a few weeks of lock down Martinis I felt the need for a different drink.  I decided on an Old Fashion with a twist.  Instead of a sugar cube (I'm doing Atkins) I froze some liquid Splenda into miniature cubes.  Three shakes of bitters and an orange peel to garnish and 2 oz of Gentleman Jack.  Bien!

i have to pick up groceries tomorrow ... placed my order for them to shop for me and bring the stuff out to the truck. On the way home, i will stop by the neighborhood liquor store, i called them and they have Colonel Taylor in stock. Will pick up a couple of bottles of that and one other of something that i’ve never had. My last experiment was a grand failure, Four Roses, yuk!  

• Like 2