Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, henrietta said:

I used to buy coffee when going to work, and now during the lockdown I just drink black untasty coffee, and I miss the latte from my favorite coffee shop :(

Your favorite coffee shop misses you too. But this has given you the chance to drink coffee in its natural state - black, hearty, rich and flavorful. Coffeehouse coffee is just a drink that mixes in a bit of coffee — 

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Do you grind your beans? 

It sounds like not being able to go to his local coffee shop is really grinding his beans.

5 hours ago, henrietta said:

I used to buy coffee when going to work, and now during the lockdown I just drink black untasty coffee, and I miss the latte from my favorite coffee shop :(

Welcome, why straight to black untasty coffee?  There is something in the middle, it's like saying my car broke, I guess I need to crawl to work backwards, quite the extreme from one to the other.  

I know it says henrietta, but I can't see from here and these days your not supposed to judge that by looks.  :blush: 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, henrietta said:

someone here will tell you to buy yourself a machine and make your own using good coffee as a base.

I know some of the fancy "coffee pots" I've seen guys pots pics of will make dandy...

Sorry Elden

Wasn't referring to your stovetop percolator..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Wasn't referring to your stovetop percolator..

Some of us don't deserve to move out of the stone age.

12 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i didn’t drink coffee last week. yesterday, i was at the kitchen sink and saw spots of mold in the pot.  

You do realize there are laws against things like that. 

But I have to say, we left to go out of town once and I forgot coffee in my old pot, when I got home it had fuzzy mold 1/2" thick. I had to scrub it, and run it through the dishwasher a couple of time before I got enough nerve to use it again.

8 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Maybe that's the cure for covid 19..

Moldy coffee penicillin

I would cure it for me, I am allergic to penicillin, I would be room temp.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/25/2020 at 6:22 PM, 000 said:

First time , I try this Mexican beer ---it's really good with lightly spicy food ,and  actually blended perfectly Modelo Especial - Buy Online | Drizly

Most everyone seems to like Modelo yet it comes in a clear bottle. I’ve heard the reason Corona (the beer, not the 🦠) tastes like pizz water is due to being bottled in clear glass bottle. Maybe Modelo actually tastes good and Corona actually sucks, clear bottle or not —

• Like 3

• Moderators

Or Modelo taste terrible when bottled but changes for the better in the clear bottle. I don't think they see much light after bottling and surely not after being sold. Then 30 minutes later your throwing it away, your done with it, it was only rented.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, richieb said:

Most everyone seems to like Modelo yet it comes in a clear bottle. I’ve heard the reason Corona (the beer, not the 🦠) tastes like pizz water is due to being bottled in clear glass bottle. Maybe Modelo actually tastes good and Corona actually sucks, clear bottle or not —

I think I agree with you if I understand you correctly ... I've heard the criticism of clear bottles as well as the criticism of green bottles (probably propagated by brown bottle lovers in dark, smoke-filled rooms); but I think the distinguisher is the beer not the bottle. if your beer sits there so long that the sunlight will alter the taste of the beer, you probably have a bigger problem than the bottle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

if your beer sits there so long that the sunlight will alter the taste of the beer, you probably have a bigger problem than the bottle. 

True, fresh is better to me, like right out the keg.

dream 2 19 17-155.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, NADman said:

We spent 3 months in San Pedro and Key Caulker back in the late '70's and the there were only 2 kinds of beer.

Belikin  and  Crown - I think. It was kinda funny because once in a while there was a beer shortage and we heard

the 2 beer companies were sabotaging-sinking each others beer barges from the mainland. Did a tour of the

rum factory in Orange Walk-best rum I ever had. Supposedly filtered through animal bone charcoal. Flew over

huge, what used to be Coca Cola orange orchards (Fanta), now all growing weed. Good times.

• Like 3