Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

48 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

Amongst friends,  I will share my germs with you but only if you want them

i'll pass on the germs; but thanks. i love beer; but not that much. When this things if over, we can have a beer if we’re ever in the same part of the globe.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, grasshopper said:

we have good tap water... for AZ  We can drink it

Because of it being a community well, we get chlorine.Not a terrible amt of calcium.  The faucets will go a few year between refresh.

Tucson claimed victory in [lower] per capita usage.  Look at it closer.  They have been supplementing the groundwater with ColoradoRiver.  Since that time, you can't drink the tapwater w/o some home processing... so , people buy bottled.

I really hope you are above where those Galactically Qualified epa dumb dumbs uncorked the huge copper mine that spoiled everything below it when bs was in charge!!!!!

* peppermint snapps and everclear?

mouthwash with a knockout punch!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mornin' All

Yeah, John...We're a good distance from them -- to the south... and we're on a different watershed.... and the prevailing winds keep their dust away.

Opened the windows and doors to let the "cold" in. Not so critical right yet.  It's around 50`... going for 90`+.

Listening to Blood, Sweat and Tears, first album. Been getting into some jazz and fusion lately.

You folks north of the Mason-Dixon done with your glaciation, yet?

a bunch of disconnected thoughts...

I wonder if all the antiseptics being sprayed on everything is good for people.They are proven to kill things...

with social distancing

is the "obscene phone call" considered OK?

oops.. forgot about technological advances... Skype

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Mine is the same brand but a little different style, bottom, part you put the coffee and then a top which holds the water but works exactly the same. 

I like it so much i have a spare in the cabinet if something was to happen to mine,  it's not cleaned up but wouldn't take much, plus make a top handle/knob.

The spare

image.jpeg

• Like 4

well????

I guess I get to open the shop.

ArivacaBlend and Peruvian... because I'm making the coffee.

House is uncomfortably cool... time to close it up. Too cold? Go outside.

Heard some odd sounds coming from "the cottage" last night.

Boy is getting bored. Learning to play a song flute/recorder. He has a fiddle, too. Don't think he'll have the patience to learn that. Can't pick a much harder instrument to learn. Fretless strings are tough. An infinity of bad notes and only one good.

I remember those coffee pots. Just vaguely, though. My folks used one of those new fangeled electric percolators.  My aunt used to make Swedish coffee... "boiled" with an egg. She had a neat coffee pot, too. The [ground] coffee went into a funnel sealed on top of the pot. As the water heated, it pushed the water up into the funnel, then you turned it off. The vacuum would draw the coffee back into the pot.

the sun shining in the window feels good. No idea what the temp is. Prolly 50... I'm shivering. If I had any "heavy" work to do, I'd be on it NOW. This is where the myth of siesta come from. Take a nap...By early afternoon, the workday is done. It started at 5AM.

• Like 4

A little cabin fever so I took the Bubble out for a chance to stretch it's legs.  This week I had all 6 coils replaced and wanted to see what she would do. Runs great.

By the way I joined the world of streaming this week with Fido's help.  Being the tech wizz I am it only took me two days to do a half hour set up!  But now I have both Tidal and Amazon up and running and it sounds great.  Love discovering all the play list available.

So the Saturday ritual of watching This Old House with a drink continues........

Have a great weekend Gents!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1