Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

9 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

To the person that pissed my off.

getting pissed off is such a waste of good energy

House is still on the cool side. Step out the door and you kinda get that "Ooph" feeling from the heat. This is June weather.

Should be some leftover chicken in green enchilada sauce for dinner.I pulled the bones out... pulled is making more  than it was. The meat fell off. Wife puts it on rice. I rolled it up in a flour tortilla. 

I'm done for the day... a while ago. Did more than I wanted of things I didn't want to do and didn't get to what I wanted. Y'all know how that goes. I did find the wire spoke wheel for the [truck bed] trailer. Have to wonder how old that thing is. It was on the property when we bought the place. The wooden bed is all rotted away and it has an odd wheel....thus, finding the matching wire spoke wheel. I'd be guessing those wheels and axel could from a '30s model... IDK Too heavy duty for ModelA.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Can't say I remember drinking any. I tend toward dark... and the dark is good. I seem to recall getting dark on draught at the bar.

the Belgian Leffe is quite good --image.jpeg.f27c90d1a408dbf7b3401b39e8c918b0.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, BigStewMan said:

They make a dark as well.

I will try it the next time ----  we are expecting a child any day now ----------the family is Belgian  so we were drinking a lot of Belgian beer these days

• Like 2

Kick the door open and let some air in....

Having an off day. Up with leg cramps and when I did get "up", tossed my cookies. Thanks God... Just the way I like to start my day.

Got my feet under me and feeling OK... Good thing, too. Wife decided to do laundry.... I think she has OCD... She was emptying the closets. Bet she ran 20 loads between yesterday and today.  Now... when I am nauseous, smells can set me off.... and in spite of smoking, my olfactory sense is quite acute... Those scented candles like to kill me... The scent from all the "fresh" laundry is near getting me. I keep telling her. "If the laundry smells like perfume , it isn't rinsed thoroughly". I am a big fan of unscented....

she prolly sees it as "turn about is fair play"....  she has complained about the smell of my garden permeating the house. I won't deny it doing that... "Mango chutney and burnt hair" would be a step up from some of what I have done....

Are the cable companies refunding money to the folks that subscribed to get "all of the games"? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mornin' All

Woke @2:30.... pretty near usual time.

Cold, yesterday's coffee. Another reason to buy decent beans... It can stand being leftover w/o it getting bad. At least this blend/variety. I have had some that was great, as long as it didn't set for more than 10 minutes. Then it would sour.

I am still seeing snow in the NE. I don't suppose that is unusual in Maine. None for me, thank you.

Oh, boy got turned down for UE. So, we're gonna have to do it the hard way..... appeal.  I encouraged him and told him to enlist the help of our public servants ---our  reps in congress, if necessary.

Looks as if our Spring is/was short... Hope it means an early start to the rains.... not likely. Prolly more of a looooooooong, hot summer.

I see Oxford is testing a vaccine --- let's hope it goes well

too soon?

anyway,

I'm up and about and feeling good.... not 30 years ago "good", but....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, henrietta said:

I used to buy coffee when going to work, and now during the lockdown I just drink black untasty coffee, and I miss the latte from my favorite coffee shop :(

Welcome to the forum! Do you grind your beans?  Drip or percolate?  Not talking instant coffee are you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2