Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

tobacco was more expensive down here

I think we all remember banks giving you stuff when you opened an account....

Chuck, did you get dishes when you filled up with the cheap gas? I seem to remember prices like that.. I was just a kid.

been largely inert today. Raked up some dead weeds and called it good.

When I worked at the bowling alley, the bartenders [they seemed to hire gals] would always come to me because their vacuum wouldn't work.  First hint of the problem... it took two hands to lift it [not a Kirby]  ....I had to empty the shop vac and it reminded me of that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grasshopper said:

tobacco was more expensive down here

I think we all remember banks giving you stuff when you opened an account....

Chuck, did you get dishes when you filled up with the cheap gas? I seem to remember prices like that.. I was just a kid.

been largely inert today. Raked up some dead weeds and called it good.

When I worked at the bowling alley, the bartenders [they seemed to hire gals] would always come to me because their vacuum wouldn't work.  First hint of the problem... it took two hands to lift it [not a Kirby]  ....I had to empty the shop vac and it reminded me of that.

I think banks would give you a toaster if you opened a $25 account.  Oldtimer would have liked that!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Tried to have some Modelo delivered with my groceries & supplies. Costco only sold cases ... fine by that. Order rejected at checkout because Oregon state law says no more than a 12-pack can be delivered. Costco doesn’t sell 12-packs ... all of their beer offerings were cases only.  Safeway and Albertsons and Target weren’t allowing alcohol purchases via instacart. 

i will be prepared next time.

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, richieb said:

‘Heel — do you remember how old you are ?

I do remember that when I was barely able to see over the window sill I use to watch you leaving for work each day.  I dreamed when I got older I could dress like you wearing those tank tops, bell bottoms, and head bands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

.... even with it getting to 90` today, it is still fresh in the AM.  I'm guessing 45 - 50`. Could use a little moderation. By the time the heater gets warm, the sun will be up and in the window.

got sprouts from the seed I put down. With the temps rising the way they will,... There are times when I would like alternate light sources... CFL, HID, LED, COB, quantum panel... but no.... I stick with hydrogen fusion lighting.  No timers, no replacing bulbs or worry about the electricity going out. If my light doesn't come on, we're all in a heap of trouble.

Elden,

Looks like the South is locked into a bad pattern.  Wish things would let up on y'all.

I'm liking the adjustment I made in the listening space. Raising the fronts of the LS seems to fit the geometry of the room.. and the decor. It isn't an ideal room to set up in. 12 X 25. We work with what we have.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Is there another kind?  Other than that swill Chester used to brew in a pot over a fire on Gunsmoke, I’m not aware of any unfiltered coffee.

• Like 2

But, but, but....those oils are how i know it's good coffee.

got a red blinking light on my machine this AM... time to clean it. I think this machine wants to be cleaned after a set number of cycles.

you guys that use RO water... do your machines still want cleaning?

I see the irony of RO water and red blinky lights... If you have RO, your machine is passed the Cuisinart  stage...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Is there another kind?  Other than that swill Chester used to brew in a pot over a fire on Gunsmoke, I’m not aware of any unfiltered coffee.

I think its the paper filter,  if one uses a reusable gold plated metal or plastic filter, it might not absorb in the same way.  As well, the K-cups do not go through a filter either. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

We used to get Combate roasted in sugar... caramelized.   Made cowboy coffee from it.   That was serious mud. Thick... stand a spoon in it.

• Haha 1