Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I didn’t notice the jackalope until you mentioned it.  I’ll sample the contents later this afternoon and report back.

I like it, but I’m not surprised.  My son is a bit of a beer snob after being stationed in Deutschland on his way to Afghanistan.

image.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Randyh said:

it will sound even better with these new caps ---------and cause a lot less strain on the components in the amp -

To quote my late father, that’s damning with faint praise.  Since it presently makes no sound, any noise will be an improvement.  Although I don’t expect a resurrection, I’ll try to pencil the repair into my hectic COVID-19 shelter in place calendar.

• Haha 2

On 4/18/2020 at 12:16 AM, Dave1290 said:

Just dropped this in the home theater section.  If ya enjoy Floyd ya might wanna check it out.  Watching pulse now and it's pretty darn good!  Youtube link is at the bottom of the article.  :)    https://www.loudersound.com/news/pink-floyd-to-begin-streaming-full-concerts-during-lockdown?fbclid=IwAR0RJ3cQE5ielF3-xdY6UBDlm5xyV5UeQVIQcie8l_Pwl4qRU6k83AH-dZU

Weird, I have to click on the settings to get hd out of youtube anywhere lately pc, phone or the tv!

Thanks for the heads-up it's a pretty good show.

Us & Them

IMG-20200419-162155.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I like it, but I’m not surprised.  My son is a bit of a beer snob after being stationed in Deutschland on his way to Afghanistan.

image.jpg

I have a son that lives in Traverse City, I'll tell him to give it a try. Probably already has.

• Like 3

They had suspended yard waste pickup here a month or so ago along with turning neighbors into rats, making all the "You're Speed Is" signs flash "Stay At Home" and everything close at 8pm.

It's coming back just once in a couple of weeks because of all the trees down here Easter.

Sure hope "they" let everyone into the shelters this weekend!!

Good Luck with this round folks!

• Like 4

@JohnJ Did that show twice.  First was 10 rows back center and those rolling floods were blinding not to mention hot af!   Great show and was glad to see them toss it out there.  Have to keep an eye out for the next one now.  They'll still make money from those that want the show so not really a biggie.  Beer money.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Weird, I have to click on the settings to get hd out of youtube anywhere lately pc, phone or the tv!

Thanks for the heads-up it's a pretty good show.

Us & Them

Ok I have to ask, did you mount that Tv on a tree ?  :huh:  That might be a first for inside a house.

IMG-20200419-162155.jpg

• Haha 4

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Feel like I should be wearing a black suit, skinny tie, hat and sun glasses

Not a bad look, like the Blues Brother, now that would be quite a swing from normal.

the-blues-brothers.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

@JohnJ Did that show twice.  First was 10 rows back center and those rolling floods were blinding not to mention hot af!   Great show and was glad to see them toss it out there.  Have to keep an eye out for the next one now.  They'll still make money from those that want the show so not really a biggie.  Beer money.  

Got to see them at the DeanDome after Momentary Lapse of Reason. One of the most memorable shows ever for me!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Ok I have to ask, did you mount that Tv on a tree ?  :huh:  That might be a first for inside a house.

IMG-20200419-162155.jpg

😂

The wires are cable tied to it... kept it there because there is still one on the other side of the sliding glass door too.

It's one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052HT3UO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

Mornin' All

Nothin' exciting this AM. Less is more, as far as I'm concerned. Sun's coming up and we are headed into heating and cooling season. 45` in the AM and 90`in the afternoon. Won't be long before I'm opening the windows at night and closing them during the day.

Wife is going to the school today. I will be left to entertain the neighbors. What is buggering me the most about staying home, is the lack of any structure/routine.

Boy [finally] filed for UE, after his friend did it....

If he gets real antsy, he can always get work at the VA hospital.  He was a medic attached to SpecialForces...  Not really his "cup of tea' and I understand. It takes special people to do that kind of work... not for everyone.

Ironic that I am waiting for our "Stay at home" to be rescinded, so I can go to the lake w/o all the people that are[n't] staying home. Far fewer w/o the stay home. In the meanwhile, I putter around the house.

• Like 4