Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Mailed my owed state tax today, also dropped off strawberry jam, foldgers decaf, tic-tacs, napkins and saltine crackers to my mom.

What a weird world we are living in.

My Mom is 92, Think about what folks this old have lived through.

Depression time, all the wars we know about....On and on and on

all the wars we know about...Edit this is not correct....All the wars since their birth

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I guess they're still passable; but have you ever got yourself stuck way out in the sticks?

Not since I was a kid.  Sank my station wagon to the frame in mud. Had to wait a week for the mud to dry

I've gone down a couple hills I dinna think I was getting back up.  One nice thing about the border situation... as I told everyone venturing into the bush... "You are being observed"

"a BorderPatrol will be along if you get into trouble"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Back roads. Driving the backroads; some asphalt, some gravel and some calichi around Red River County TX. Get out and pee when you needed to. Park on the bare white rock shell during a thunderstorm to capture the lightning flashes.  8 track playing the tunes thru rotted factory speakers. Two stations to listen to but only at night; Chicago and New Orleans I believe WNOE and WLS unless you wanted to hear the Bill Mack over the roadshow nationwide from WBAP 820 out of DFW. Listened to B Mack many nights as my Dad was an over the road trucker that made it by home 2-3 times a year and Mom tuned in as the station would pass word to and from the truckers. Was it Blood Rock that did D.O.A.? Yes, searched. Chuck Cook driving thru the city square with D.O.A blaring /distorting from his '65 Chevelle; the locals never found out that the front door 6x9 grills rotated to gain access to what was in there.

• Like 3

..... park the car. Relax a few... Turn the headlights on, to find you are surrounded by cows.  All staring at you/the car.

hows things this AM?

been up since 3AM. Don't know why, except I woke up

..... and that beats some of the alternatives.

Drinking [relatively] fresh cold coffee. Wife made a pot late. I'm OK with cold coffee. Got used to it at work. That and warm soda.  I can drink some beers warm. Don't try it with bud or coors... warm does not improve their flavor.  When I was in HI, I saw something new to me.... Couldn't bring myself to try it.  Beer over ice. That sounds so wrong...

had leftover spaghetti for dinner last night.   Asked wife if she liked the sauce.  After her second helping... 

then told her I put fennel seed and nutmeg in it. She doesn't like either of those... As bad as the kid... I had to have her "help" me make sauce, so she saw all the things she "doesn't like" going into it...

Kid didn't like spaghetti until I saw the problem...

wife cut the spaghetti too long to scoop and too short to twirl... Kid couldn't get any to her mouth. So, I gave her full length and learned her to wind it on the fork, proper....

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@Tarheel

That and the gal I held the elevator for at the grocery store yesterday morning said "Thank You Sir"

It's either the gray around my temples or the blubber where my belly was that did it, it still surprises me.

Now that I am totally gray, no one notices the gray around my temples.

Beats being bald I guess (Carl)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

One of our millennial sons was kind enough to do a Kroger run for his geezer parents.  I put beer on my list and this is what he bought.  I have no experience with it, but I’m glad to see it’s a product of Michigan.  I’m sure it’ll be fine.

image.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Randyh said:

repairing the Onkyo ---is very easy- if the unit is not powering on ---the power supply board is bad , a few capacitors --

I already successfully did that years ago to an Onkyo one of my sons is still using.  I even bought the capacitors to do this one, you should pardon the expression, prophylactically, but never got around to it.  Given the time I now have under house arrest, I might just do this one too.  Under normal circumstances, I wouldn’t invest the time in such an old unit, but these are anything but normal circumstances.

• Like 4