Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

4 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

... the old metal basket percolators

...if you can call perc coffee coffee

I'd take cowboy coffee first

Still use a metal basket perc from time to time. Oh, it’s coffee - when men were men coffee — would put the Starbucks snowflakes to their knees —

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, dtel said:

I remember them except for #@10 Butch wax, don't know what that is but probably not what I'm thinking these days.

Yea prolly not:)

But like you I recall all except good ol' butch and Howdy Doody is only a very vague memory for me.

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

But, but, but....those oils are how i know it's good coffee.

got a red blinking light on my machine this AM... time to clean it. I think this machine wants to be cleaned after a set number of cycles.

you guys that use RO water... do your machines still want cleaning?

I see the irony of RO water and red blinky lights... If you have RO, your machine is passed the Cuisinart  stage...

Hey now, got news for you! When I used tap water for coffee years ago I did have to clean it frequently like when the water just dribbled out of the heater part. Could see the lime? scale inside. Only do the white vinegar in the Bunn once a year or so.

I do not ever get that scale anymore with my 3M charcoal filter setup. Three under the sink for cooking water, fourth inline in the fridge for drinking, coffee & tea.

Wish I still had the silver impregnated filter that lasted forever, but these I replace each year, every six months for the fridge filter. Takes less of any ingredient to make something with the good filtered water.

One of the guys here from TX showed me how RO can be done now with less of a % of wastewater but even that is too much when $40 is a low bill for us.

Filtered usually, if I've got a whole hour for myself in the am I do the immersion with the mesh in it.

• Like 3

we have good tap water... for AZ  We can drink it

Because of it being a community well, we get chlorine.Not a terrible amt of calcium.  The faucets will go a few year between refresh.

Tucson claimed victory in [lower] per capita usage.  Look at it closer.  They have been supplementing the groundwater with ColoradoRiver.  Since that time, you can't drink the tapwater w/o some home processing... so , people buy bottled.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Well water here, our own and no problem with taste so I just use it for everything straight from the tap. Got lucky I guess when the guy put it down he stopped around 375' and said it was a good spot.

I had no idea but he knew what to look for, I surely didn't, I wish i would have had the money to go another 600'. Around 900'-1000' around here it's free flowing and with about 25 psi out of the tap, our neighbor has one. It's much more expensive, about 3-4 times as much but no pump is needed.

• Like 4

of all the websites that I visit, this forum one is the slowest. I can click and wait 5 to 10 seconds for a thread to open or post to publish, I go to a news site or ESPN or a store and they open immediately, 

Hope you are having a great day folks. 

Brother has to go to hospital today for a CT Scan (complications from his surgery last year). Not a great time to have to physically go to a hospital. He said he'll leave his shoes outside when he gets home. Hope this pesky virus dies on concrete quickly, I have groceries being delivered on Sunday and the only place the delivery guy can put them is on the walkway by the front door. It is outside, but in the shade 100% of the time. 

So ready to get over this whole ordeal. I guess it has helped some though, realized that a lot of the stuff I worried about before aren't that big of a.deal. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

of all the websites that I visit, this forum one is the slowest. I can click and wait 5 to 10 seconds for a thread to open or post to publish, I go to a news site or ESPN or a store and they open immediately, 

I notice that also, but during tough times i think there using a cross between steam power and solar, must be the clouds. :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Hope you are having a great day folks. 

Got the same problem , even with my new laptop and datarate over 100 MB . At the moment there are about 460 non-registered readers and 45 User online. Maybe the server is running on its limit ? Hope the best for your brother ...he may drink a Bittburger after his CT Scan. Shall help a little bit ...Bitte ein Bit .

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Hope the best for your brother ...he may drink a Bittburger after his CT Scan. Shall help a little bit ...Bitte ein Bit

thanks. I'm sure he would love to; but can't. had his esophagus removed and part of his stomach made into a new esophagus. he was fine at first, but now can barely eat -- the tiniest amount of food or liquid cause him to feel uncomfortably full, plus he gets reflux super bad.  

after his surgery, I asked the doctor if he could have a beer, she said "he won't want to" I guess it would make him feel so bloated that it would be uncomfortable.

the doctors once said that the new esophagus may need to be stretched from time to time, hoping it is just that and not a new problem. he's had a tough year and it is really starting to wear on him. depression from feeling bad every single day. Hospital wanted to wait until June for the CT Scan due to the virus; but surgeon said it can NOT wait and is worth the risk. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

drink a Bittburger

Exactly...Bittburger and Ayinger Bavarian Pils

The Bavarian brewers have been masters in their trade for centuries and therefore also brew excellent pils beers. Indeed it was a Bavarian master brewer that brewed the first beer according to the pilsner method in the town of Pilsen! The glimmering, light-yellow Ayinger Bairisch Pils has the fragrance of aromatic hops from the “Hallertau” region of Bavaria (only these are used in the Ayinger beer specialties!). The beer is highly fermented and therefore smooth on the initial taste sensation, but also mild and sparkling in body. Our pils is accentuated by the floweriness of the hops aroma and has a more pronounced bitterness on swallowing, which quickly fades from the taste buds.

🍻

• Like 3

bored....

wife is grading papers and I'm trying to be quiet

yeah... plenty I could/should be doing, but it all involves work.

Thinking about digging out my Aurora HO scale slot cars.  Or building a flying toy with my R/C stuff.  I have projects that been on the back burner for quite a while. One in particular... Convert a $20 2ch airplane to something you can fly into the wind. It needs more power and more control surfaces.

I'll content myself with water and my SSV. Only alcohol I have is peppermint schnapps and Everclear.  Make a schnapps spritzer with Everclear as the spritz... waste of good Everclear...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1