Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

This retirement thing is interesting, im starting to be on everyone's radar, get a call two days ago, hey mark, come up to the cabin in the morning, and bring your chainsaw, one full day of cutting fallen trees later we get to the cabin, sleep 6 hrs and came back home. and no dam coffee at the cabin.

Retirement? Cool! When you come to Florida, please bring your chainsaw. We will have coffee and Duggans for you.

• Like 5

Thanks mach-1.......Yep not far away on the Cape Fear River. As elementary school kids we gave up our piggy banks to get the battleship here. While making the turn to her berth she sank a floating restaurant on the other side of the river. The Fergus Ark had pretty good food for those days....mostly fried chicken and fish.

• Like 1

and no dam coffee at the cabin.

Cause for easily justifiable homicide...

As to spring, come and gone down here. Last of the orange blossoms gone and one grapefruit tree will have to be thinned big time as some of the branches are so loaded with little ones they look more like grapes.

Dave

• Like 2

• Moderators
Tarheel This is a beautiful spot on this earth you have!

It really is nice, I love areas like that, large pine trees and plenty of azaleas mixed in and plenty of privacy, looks like Gerbing azaleas.

It's strange how azaleas work there not like many plants, if you trim them much later than about 30 days after the last flower falls off they won't bloom the next year, even with all the growth the rest of the year internally they set the buds for the next spring very early. That's why when people trim them a lot to keep them a certain shape they bloom only on the un cut wood and it looks very different from any others in the yard.

Edited by dtel

Retirement hobby so far has been shopping and buying audio all over the west coast

That's not a bad gig.

Well the wife and I both know it's just a fun thing to do for a wile, I just don't have all the goodies I would kind of like to have, and with the money and the time, for now surfing sales, and road trips is pretty cool.

• Like 3

It really is nice, I love areas like that, large pine trees and plenty of azaleas mixed in and plenty of privacy, looks like Gerbing azaleas.

It's strange how azaleas work there not like many plants, if you trim them much later than about 30 days after the last flower falls off they won't bloom the next year, even with all the growth the rest of the year internally they set the buds for the next spring very early. That's why when people trim them a lot to keep them a certain shape they bloom only on the un cut wood and it looks very different from any others in the yard.

Good eye dtel. They are GG Gerbing azaleas. Brilliant white flower with pale foliage. People often over fertilize thinking the pale leaves are a sign of inadequate fertilization. Good info about pruning as well.

Luckily I was the first house in this area. Now monster houses dwarf mine like the 6000 sq. ft. house next door with the18 year old hottie.

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 1

Good eye dtel. They are GG Gerbing azaleas. Good info about pruning as well.

Luckily I was the first house in this area. Now monster houses dwarf mine like the 6000 sq. ft. house next door with the18 year old hottie.

Dam you Tarheel, just had to go talkin about view again........ :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Went to see Joe Smothers playing at Ted's on the Cape Fear River last night. Joe played with Doc Watson in the Frosty Morn Band years ago. He also use to perform as Smother's and Lawrence playing with a very talented banjo picker, Jack Lawrence. A packed house for the 7-9pm concert. I bought two of his CDs and had him sign one for the lady friend who is out of state. Joe is about 5'6" but you would not believe the powerful voice and the guitar work is impressive. A fun time.

Back to the hottie. She had a party and sleep over last night (guys and gals) and there are cars parked every where this morning. Bet they had fun!

Rain here....looks like an all day event.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents!

• Like 3