Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Found a flask full of my 16 year old scotch, mancave fully stocked with Guinness chasers, and we all know what's happening now......

Why not, it's Friday, you have LaScalas, 16 yo scotch, Guinness and a mancave and your retired.............DUH.....just don't get flashing lights involved, it doesn't add to the experience.

Wife walked into my little party, only ask chicken or pork tacos tonight ? Good Wife..........

• Like 5

Going over to the adjacent county for a plant sale and some really good barbeque.

Pressure washed one third of the house yesterday....more tomorrow.

Anyone using windows 8 know how to increase size of text? Swiped screen/mouse pad by accident and everything got tiny :unsure:

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents!

• Like 2

and some really good barbeque.

Now that is a good game plan.... I'm putting a pork roast in my smoker tomorrow morning. I'll let it go for about 14 hours... Sunday night is looking good... Except for the fact that the weather guy's are predicting storms and a front that may take our temps down into the 40's.

Edited by Boxx
  • Like 1

Been helping a friend overhaul our deck. Painting it a deck color called pool party. Even though painting 3/4 PT plywood with 2 coats, he also wants to seal it more with a water seal like Thompsons. Someone told him it would make the deck too slick to walk on when wet, he does not think so. i have not been that much help to him.

I do however pour him a cup of black joe each day which he drinks straight down like a cowboy.

Good Job *Tarheel!

• Like 2

Raw wood or stained raw wood is the only time to use Thompsons...Period.

You put that stuff on over any painted surface and your asking fore a mess......

Raw wood or stained raw wood is the only time to use Thompsons...Period.

You put that stuff on over any painted surface and your asking fore a mess......

I will discuss it with him. Thanks for your observations!

he also wants to seal it more with a water seal like Thompsons.

Not good over fresh paint. How to see if water seal is needed - apply in small area, if it soaks right in you need it. If it beads up and stays on the surface, you don't use it. (wipe it off if it won't soak in). Of course IMHO :)

Thanks!

• Like 3

• Moderators
I will discuss it with him. Thanks for your observations!

Better talk with him, as Minermark said you will have a really big mess if he tries that. That would be like oiling a painted black speaker :o it's crazy.

• Like 2

When I use cream, I just go all out with heavy whipping cream. Gotta warn you, once you try it you'll never go back to half and half.

The cream is good but will sour if in my thermos too long.

I use evaporated canned milk, nice rich flavor without watering it down.