Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

So it took a picture of a nice set of boobs to bring Steve back.  I'm OK with that.  Now we know what to post next time he disappears.

OK another pic for Steve since he is a Raiders fan. . 

When my brother and sister in law moved here from Alaska and decided to stay they had to change license plates and they gave me the old one's, this is from his wife's jeep, she is a Raiders fan but I still like her.  :ph34r:

What town did your brother live in?

I think it was Fairbanks, it's my wife's brother, and his wife. They said they just had enough of the cold after 20+ years, crazy thing is his wife lived in Hawaii before moving to Alaska, quite the change. :o  

Internet went out for about an hour, hate when that happens.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 5

That's very cool, especially the pattern. I learned something today!

I used that burn technique on horse stalls a few years ago, but I used a flamethrower type of torch, 500k BTUs!

The routing is not hard if I could do this on the first try, with practice it would get better, I would hope. I was bored and stuff happens when I have nothing to do.

The vertical boards are red cedar, it's a 24' bench with a garden pond on the other side, there are railroad ties behind those boards, I need something cheap to cover the creosote ties so no one would rub against them. This was 6' fence boards @  $3.50 for 6 ', cut down to a little over a foot made it cheap to cover the front of the bench.

The top of the bar was burned also and covered with many coats of marine spar varnish. The burning turned out to be easier and cheaper than stain., so I burned everything. 

All those carvings are very cool, they add a lot to the joist, like they're more than just structural beams.

I recently finished an outdoor recreation area job for a family. The husband kept saying he wanted a tiki hut for his bar. I ended up building an all cedar shelter, I just couldn't put his idea of a tiki hut into an actual structure. I really like your idea.

• Like 5

So I go to a meeting about my son's upcoming H.S. band trip / performance at Disney World and throughout I am staring at flown LaScalas. Later I swapped emails with the band director and asked him about the Klipsch. They were installed when the band hall was built about 1980 and are used to play a metronome to the students :( .

Doesn't every high school band have La Scalas?

Several years ago I bought a pair of bar beaters from Michael Colter and refurbished them for our sons' high school band room.

Wow.....nice work Neil!

• Like 6

• Moderators
All those carvings are very cool, they add a lot to the joist, like they're more than just structural beams.   I recently finished an outdoor recreation area job for a family. The husband kept saying he wanted a tiki hut for his bar. I ended up building an all cedar shelter, I just couldn't put his idea of a tiki hut into an actual structure. I really like your idea.

The beams were just structural and had nothing on them and one day i got bored and took down the boards and did that.  All we were looking for at first was a place to sit in the shade out in the garden with a couple ceiling fans, it just turned into that after a granddaughter got the tiki idea.

I didn't like the bright silver metal inside the roof so i stuck some bamboo I trimmed up there, the bar is fake bamboo made from 2" PVC. We started collecting things and friends and relatives gave us other things that just got hung up.

It started like this, one section to see if I liked it.

post-9700-0-81560000-1463065306_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 7

No, the La Scalas were not really used in the Miata.

I remember seeing that pic before, the Miata makes LaScala's look huge.

Yes it does.  In addition to its comedy value, that was my intention.  My son was 6'2" at the time.  La Scalas are huge, but the small car makes them look even huger,  Notice the near wheelie caused by the weight of the speakers.

post-6832-0-00640000-1463065100_thumb.jp

• Like 5

All those carvings are very cool, they add a lot to the joist, like they're more than just structural beams.   I recently finished an outdoor recreation area job for a family. The husband kept saying he wanted a tiki hut for his bar. I ended up building an all cedar shelter, I just couldn't put his idea of a tiki hut into an actual structure. I really like your idea.

The beams were just structural and had nothing on them and one day i got bored and took down the boards and did that.  All we were looking for at first was a place to sit in the shade out in the garden with a couple ceiling fans, it just turned into that after a granddaughter got the tiki idea.

I didn't like the bright silver metal inside the roof so i stuck some bamboo I trimmed up there, the bar is fake bamboo made from 2" PVC. We started collecting things and friends and relatives gave us other things that just got hung up.

It started like this, one section to see if I liked it.

That's actually a brilliant idea!

• Like 3

No, the La Scalas were not really used in the Miata.

I remember seeing that pic before, the Miata makes LaScala's look huge.

Do I dare put these on the 550 Spyder? This car makes my S2000 look enormous. 

2ReZT6K.jpg

Nice car!

• Like 2

• Moderators

Well were leaving this evening for N Louisiana, son-in-law's graduation in the AM. Then it's 2-3 hours North into Arkansas, going to see if any help is needed to be ready for next weekend, I know they will be plenty to do to get ready for everyone.

If I don't get back here, that's the excuse.   

• Like 6

I've been into the Cabo Anejo lately so I'll bring a bottle or two for the event, and you will bring??????????????????

I just hung up with a friend that was with a large group of people that went to Aruba a couple of years ago and he called to tell me that he and his wife just got back and they tried some tequila that he and I wanted to try when we were there before.  It was Gran Patron Burdeos Anejo and the shots were $90 a pop but he said that I should absolutely try it the next time we go because it was amazing.  At $500 a bottle, I guess it should be. 

• Like 4

I've been into the Cabo Anejo lately so I'll bring a bottle or two for the event, and you will bring??????????????????

I just hung up with a friend that was with a large group of people that went to Aruba a couple of years ago and he called to tell me that he and his wife just got back and they tried some tequila that he and I wanted to try when we were there before.  It was Gran Patron Burdeos Anejo and the shots were $90 a pop but he said that I should absolutely try it the next time we go because it was amazing.  At $500 a bottle, I guess it should be. 

Pete, try the Cabo Wabo Reposado.  I like it better than the Anejo.  It's cheaper and smoother (to me) as well. 

• Like 2