Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good evening all :)

You know what I learned this week? If you have the money, spend it now on whatever trips your trigger. Because if you have to go into assisted living, it will be gone very quickly...

I watched my Mom and Dad work their asses off raising 7 children on very little, They are currently 88 and 87. They were able to save a bit over 400000 this does not including dads pension and medical from Northern Natural Gas....

Anyway after a bit over 3 years in an assisted living home and medical care Dad needed they have about 10 months worth of rent left. This assisted living home they were in could not guarantee that a Medicaid room would be available, so we "My self, sisters and brother" moved them to another assisted living home that would guarantee them this...

After their savings is gone, uncle sam will take dads pension, medical just goes away and I believe they will be able to keep 60.00 each a month from social security,

• Like 4

You know what I learned this week? If you have the money, spend it now on whatever trips your trigger. Because if you have to go into assisted living, it will be gone very quickly...

I watched my Mom and Dad work their asses off raising 7 children on very little, They are currently 88 and 87. They were able to save a bit over 400000 this does not including dads pension and medical from Northern Natural Gas....

Anyway after a bit over 3 years in an assisted living home and medical care Dad needed they have about 10 months worth of rent left. This assisted living home they were in could not guarantee that a Medicaid room would be available, so we "My self, sisters and brother" moved them to another assisted living home that would guarantee them this...

After their savings is gone, uncle sam will take dads pension, medical just goes away and I believe they will be able to keep 60.00 each a month from social security,

And yet people who haven't put in a dime get sh$% for free. Makes me sick. So sorry to hear about your parents situation. I know we're all headed for the same thing unless something radical changes. This also makes me sick. I know the LORD said "love your neighbor as yourself" but HE didn't say go bankrupt over it. I'm probably getting too political or religious so I'll shut up now.

• Like 4

And yet people who haven't put in a dime get sh$% for free. Makes me sick. So sorry to hear about your parents situation. I know we're all headed for the same thing unless something radical changes. This also makes me sick. I know the LORD said "love your neighbor as yourself" but HE didn't say go bankrupt over it. I'm probably getting too political or religious so I'll shut up now.

It's the exorbitant cost to stay alive that pisses me off...Money is always flowing from start to finish, and someone is getting filthy rich from it.

• Like 6

Spur of the moment decision---smoking a pork shoulder, molasses and McCormick's brown sugar bourbon seasoning.  Cicadas singing, it's definitely summer.

My spur of the moment decision came at Costco this afternoon.....I'll be doing a few racks of ribs tomorrow with a couple of different rubs that I picked up in Memphis during my recent trip to Hope.....

Care to share the molasses etc. recipe?  Sounds yummy.

Edited by jimjimbo
  • Like 5

It's a simple scheme of confiscation of wealth.  It doesn't affect the truly wealthy, just the ones who worked hard and productive lives.

I've told my kids that I want to be cremated and ashes dumped "Please don't put me on the mantel"....There will be enough money for this....

I've told my kids that my debt after my death is mine "Not Theirs" so just don't worry about it, send the keepers of the note my death certificate...

• Like 4

• Moderators
I've told my kids that I want to be cremated and ashes dumped "Please don't put me on the mantel"

Same thing I said except I don't care what they do with the ashes.

Sorry couldn't give the story about your parents a like because that sucks.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

I've told my kids that I want to be cremated and ashes dumped "Please don't put me on the mantel"

Same thing I said except I don't care what they do with the ashes.

Sorry couldn't give the story about your parents a like because that sucks.

No worries dtel, it is just an eye opener for me...I use to be one of those folks that didn't understand why old folks count their pennies, and it does SUCK

• Like 5