Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Sometimes it's really hard to get good pictures at the beach, like this one, I had beach umbrellas and the water perfectly framed and at the last second someone steps in the picture ! :angry2:

The other is a cool bar.

post-9700-0-29080000-1467934836_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-54280000-1467934854_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Sometimes it's really hard to get good pictures at the beach, like this one, I had beach umbrellas and the water perfectly framed and at the last second someone steps in the picture ! :angry2:

That's funny.  The same thing happened to me when I was in Brazil a couple of years ago!  ;)

• Like 5

• Moderators

I always wanted to go to Floria-bama.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It's a nice place, NOTHING fancy at all but can get crazy at times, we need to go back on a good weekend. These pic's are just a small part where we were sitting but it's really big, they have church service every Sunday, open bar of course. :D  :emotion-19:  :emotion-46:  

We also tried this place, the Pink Pony because we were sitting between it and the water, plus it's a year older than me. :o    :emotion-46:

post-9700-0-99640000-1467942117_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-80080000-1467942132_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-48800000-1467942152_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-37800000-1467942172_thumb.jp

• Like 5

• Moderators

I would be scared to go to a place called the Pink Pony.

Nothing to it, if it was not right on the beach it probably wouldn't have made it almost 60 years. They had just opened when we got there, it got busy later.

post-9700-0-87840000-1467991282_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Had a crazy evening yesterday. All of a sudden I had no network at the house working. Cable was good, so I thought it was one of our access points. I have two Apple Extreme router/access points, one at each end of the house. They use the same security on each, so you can walk from one eand of the house to the other and the signal strength stays good all the way.

Ended up being the power supply on the one connected to our cable box. At least it wasn't the access point itself. At least aren't stupid like the power adapters on the MacBooks, which have a circuit on the magsafe connector (it tells the adapter it is plugged into a MacBook and won't provide any power if not). It is a simple 12vdc switching supply. Well, I didn't have one of those, but I had a 12vdc wall wart supply with a sufficient current rating. Of course, the plug didn't quite match, so I cut the wall wart cable off and spliced the one from the dead Apple supply onto it. Now I have both ends working again.

Wall wart isn't a regulated supply, so I'm getting about 15vdc without a load on it. So far so good today. I'll still probably pick up another supply, and they are reasonably priced online ($15-30).

Now, the garden is watered, finished laundry, cleaning the front bricks to repaint... I'll have my second cup of coffee. :emotion-21::D

Bruce

• Like 5