Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
As I said, enjoy the beach!

We did, just sat at the edge of the water in beach chairs with our feet in the water and did nothing, it was nice.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

• Moderators
Spent the weekend at the coast and had a little shrimp boil.

Peeled shrimp, :o that's almost like cheating :D looks really good. :emotion-21:

See this is what happens when you miss a few days, trying to catch up just a little and now have a bunch of post in a row.  Cool pictures everyone :emotion-21:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 7

Good hump day Wed. morning everyone  :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:  :emotion-44: ...

Love the photos......!   Good to see some interesting foods and water vistas!   Marvel, all is eaten with hands ? 

Ok, just checking in mid week... :wink:   Count down to another weekend (hot and stormy predicted here)

............Gary

PS.  Last night invited my neighbor Lynn (after our respective dinner times) to our deck for some glasses of port.. :emotion-46:   The air and night were perfect, the deck setting inviting, and the high res lap top jazz audio completed the backdrop :emotion-29:  :emotion-29: ..  We broke it up around 10:45pm... :smile:

• Like 7

Like a lot of folks in the country we are sweltering in the heat. Mid 90s to 100 degrees and humid.  Jake has been inside in the AC for days.  That's July in the south :mellow:

Not a lot happening here.  I make a couple of trips each day to check the progress on LF's new place.  Plumbing and electrical rough in scheduled for the master bath.  Then Duroc and tile.  Kitchen wrapping up this week.  The dining room painting is done and looks great.

Need a second cup and then off to walk the Jakester.  I started buying these little containers of Little Ceasar dog food as treats for my boy.  He loves them and officially is a Little Ceasar's dog.  Probably the largest in the land.

Stay cool my friends!

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 8

Like a lot of folks in the country we are sweltering in the heat. Mid 90s to 100 degrees and humid.  Jake has been inside in the AC for days.  That's July in the south :mellow:

Not a lot happening here.  I make a couple of trips each day to check the progress on LF's new place.  Plumbing and electrical rough in scheduled for the master bath.  Then Duroc and tile.  Kitchen wrapping up this week.  The dining room painting is done and looks great.

Need a second cup and then off to walk the Jakester.  I started buying these little containers of Little Caesar dog food as treats for my boy.  He loves them and officially is a Little Caesar dog.  Probably the largest in the land.

Stay cool my friends!

I feed our toothless Yorkie Little Ceaser's, along with using a container of it to give our Great Pyrenees to mix his probiotics Of course, the rest of the dogs get to lick the container. We also use it to give out meds. It is pandemonium here when I get out of bed. That is when all the dogs get their dog treats. What a ruckus! Barking and yelping about the joy a dog bone and Puperoni can bring first thing in the morning! Judy has been grooming for 48 years, so we get a lot of unwanted dogs from elderly folks. Ranger, the Great Pyrenees I found at an isolated gun range in SE Oklahoma where someone had dumped him hoping someone would pick him up. The latest addition, Gretchen was placed in our backyard (without our knowledge) by a couple who were being deployed overseas. All our dogs, except for the last standard poodle we have (we lost our male blue steel standard to lymphoma earlier this year), are rescue dogs. 

Edited by Rivervalleymgb
  • Like 5

Spent the weekend at the coast and had a little shrimp boil.

Peeled shrimp, :o that's almost like cheating :D looks really good. :emotion-21:

We had about 20 people fly in from land locked states. We took pity on them, and peeled the shrimp before cooking. Normally we just cook it all, dump it out on some butcher paper and whoever can peel faster eats more.

• Like 6

Need a second cup and then off to walk the Jakester.  I started buying these little containers of Little Caesar dog food as treats for my boy.  He loves them and officially is a Little Caesar dog.  Probably the largest in the land.

Stay cool my friends!

I feed our toothless Yorkie Little Ceaser's, along with using a container of it to give our Great Pyrenees to mix his probiotics Of course, the rest of the dogs get to lick the container. We also use it to give out meds. It is pandemonium here when I get out of bed. That is when all the dogs get their dog treats. What a ruckus! Barking and yelping about the joy a dog bone and Puperoni can bring first thing in the morning! Judy has been grooming for 48 years, so we get a lot of unwanted dogs from elderly folks. Ranger, the Great Pyrenees I found at an isolated gun range in SE Oklahoma where someone had dumped him hoping someone would pick him up. The latest addition, Gretchen was placed in our backyard (without our knowledge) by a couple who were being deployed overseas. All our dogs, except for the last standard poodle we have (we lost our male blue steel standard to lymphoma earlier this year), are rescue dogs. 

Thank you for what you do for unwanted/unloved dogs :)

• Like 4

Love the photos......! Good to see some interesting foods and water vistas! Marvel, all is eaten with hands ?

Gary,

A lot of Filipinos eat with only hands, but it depends on the food and who your company is. A large spoon is common as well, but forks still get used. Since my wife worked in China for eight years, she often uses chopsticks (she can easily pick up a single grain of slippery rice, cherry tomato, etc. while I would lose weight if that was the only utensil). There were forks and spoons also being used.

Bruce

Edited by Marvel
  • Like 6

Happy mid-week folks.

Rivervalley ...I agree with Chuck (Tarheel) ... thanks for all you do. We've had a lot of dogs over the years and 2 of the best have been our rescued Springers. Baxter is the current top dog. He has yet to meet the person who is not his friend and he has his first permanent home at the age of 4 or 5. I think we'd take them all in if we could.

Try to check back later. Cheers.....

• Like 5