I Love Ketchup

BigStewMan

Heinz now makes a Simply Heinz brand where no corn syrup is used. It tastes more like the ketchup of our youth. Hunts makes one as well. I'm not a big fan of ketchup but I do use it as a base for cocktail sauce for seafood.

I tried the hunts w/out corn syrup. It tase the same as the regular. I think the recipe is different on the simple truth. My wife made onion rings and fries today and I just ate a bunch of it. Good stuff.

hey tiger,

Plz share your wife's receipe for the rings and fries

Really, where going to go here. Well if we are here goes. When I was a young lad I put Ketchup on everything, and I mean everything. Eggs, mac and cheese, chicken, ham sandwiches, you named it got Ketchup. Now I can only eat meatloaf with Ketchup, don't know what it is but the smell makes me sick. Now its Mayonnaise on fries that is the best., and yes chocolate shakes to.

I refuse to participate ,

but since you ask I do enjoy a 50/50 mix of Sriracha and whatever tomato condiment is handy for my frozen Orida Zesty Fries . Sometimes I add a little mayo to give it a European flair .

I remember Zesty Fries from 20+ years ago. I use to love them, but everyone else in the house begged me not to eat them.

The onion rings and fried are really easy. Just dip the onions in soy milk with a little whoel wheat flou and then in bread crumbs. put on a cookie sheet and bake at 400.

The fries are easier. Cut fresh potatoes into fries, put on a cookie sheet and sprinkle some season salt, pepper, allspice, oregano, and whatever else you like. Throw in broiler until crisp, flip them, broil the other side and done.

• Moderators

Stopped at a road side truck selling sweet potatoes yesterday. We had to go to our daughters for a few days in north Louisiana, on the way back just south of Jackson Ms is a great place to find some really good sweet potatoes. This time of year there is someone selling them about every 30 miles, for some reason this area has the best I have ever tried, we always stop and get some when we see them out.

Never tried them boiled, always bake or grill them, they are really good wrapped in foil in a Dutch oven on top the wood burning heater all day, they couldn't get any softer.

Stopped at a road side truck selling sweet potatoes yesterday. We had to go to our daughters for a few days in north Louisiana, on the way back just south of Jackson Ms is a great place to find some really good sweet potatoes. This time of year there is someone selling them about every 30 miles, for some reason this area has the best I have ever tried, we always stop and get some when we see them out.

Never tried them boiled, always bake or grill them, they are really good wrapped in foil in a Dutch oven on top the wood burning heater all day, they couldn't get any softer.

I hated sweet potatos growing up. On Thanksgiving they were served soaked in butter and brown sugar. They made me sick.

My wife started making them and they are my favorite. Just boil them. I asked her what she did to them and she said "boiled." I asked what else, she said "boiled." That is all it takes. I cut them up a little so they boil quicker. I eat the whole thing, including the skin. A little ketchup and Franks and that is my whole meal. No spices needed.

I also love local grown. Hard to find in the desert but we do have some. The local grown vegitables have so much flavor you would swear everthing else taste like eating paper or cardboard.

• Moderators
My wife started making them and they are my favorite. Just boil them. I asked her what she did to them and she said "boiled." I asked what else, she said "boiled."

I like your wife, straight to the point with no :pwk_bs:

• Moderators

I boil them and then mash them to make mashed sweet potatoes.

That is good, probably why I like them cooked on the wood stove, that's just how the come out.

Something I haven't done in a long time was boil or bake a little until they are almost soft then let cool. Peel and slice them up into rounds about 1/4" thick and brown in a pan with a little butter. The kids liked it, although I did tell them it was dessert.