Bloops and Blunders

Tarheel

• Moderators

Of course! None of us really do those crazy things do we :o

Right :blush:

Ok here is something else not to do, have your truck parked behind the house during Christmas, when a few of the grandkids got bb guns as presents.

Not saying someone shot out my side truck window on purpose but it was a strange that it happened that day and no other time in history. Of course no one knew anything, couldn't really blame them for that I am sure they thought they were in big trouble, they were all perfect little kids for days after.

• Like 2

• Moderators
Pix of old phone and new one

Not always a bad thing, but water is.

My wife cracked her screen on her I4 something, still working but got it replaced and had them clean out everything on the old one. Got home and gave it to me without service, I loaded Pandora and Spotify and use it just for music, the wifi works about 40' from the house, works great and NEVER rings !

• Like 5

Pix of old phone and new one

Not always a bad thing, but water is.

My wife cracked her screen on her I4 something, still working but got it replaced and had them clean out everything on the old one. Got home and gave it to me without service, I loaded Pandora and Spotify and use it just for music, the wifi works about 40' from the house, works great and NEVER rings !

+1. we upgrade iphones every couple of years and if the old ones are too beat up to trade in for cash they become relegated to garage/office/toddler wifi devices.

• Like 1

SHOT my TV once, does that count???

My current wife had a pellet gun and she was loading it to shoot a bat that had got into the house... The pellet gun went off and hit my 47" flat panel!

I know your pain.

• Like 3

This is a hypothetical thread??

Not in my case, :)

Waiting for your clothes to be done thru the wash cycle, then wanting to use the cell phone. Remembering it is in the pants being washed. :wub:

Pix of old phone and new one, I even had to start a new 2 year contract. :(

P1000982_zps5f705589.jpg

Speaking of phones.... dialing up a number, having the phone start to ring and then forgetting who you called... :o

• Like 3

Buncha poosies, fulll speed ahead. Electricity can't stop us now!

Just remember. My avatar is is an exact distillation/allegory of my entire experience of this hobby.

post-12696-0-29000000-1395705723_thumb.j

Edited by thebes
  • Like 2

Backing up your new to you, semi rare, monstrosity of a truck for the first time into a parking spot at work and watching the back up camera and all the mirrors and missing that one, small broken off branch, that just poked a dent into your tailgate.

Hooking up every piece of a/v electronics in your home to your lightning protection and then just running some cat5 network cable from the office router and having your internet struck by lightning

All time personal favorite, and this didn't involve alcohol...... Using "Pam for grilling" for the first time on a lit grill. Fire shot right up the stream and sorta melted the nozzle resulting in a funny pffft sound. What did I do next you ask? Well like any man with a plan you put it up to your ear for a closer listen and it blows what was left of its seal and fills your ear with ice cold Pam.. And you stand there, like a deer and headlights, too dumb to move your hand, not believing what you just did to yourself.

• Like 2

I took my TV apart thinking a small fuse must have blown. Keep in mind that I know nothing about TVs or electronics. Never found the fuse and couldn't get the case back on the innards after an hour struggle. Wrapped it twice with duct tape and took it to the repair shop. They fixed the set and put it back in the case in about 15 minutes :unsure:

Mark would probably like to tell the story of me putting the wrong fuse in my BBX and blowing it up. Had to send it all the way across country to have him repair it :o

Buncha poosies, fulll speed ahead. Electricity can't stop us now!

Just remember. My avatar is is an exact distillation/allegory of my entire experience of this hobby.

Hey Marty don't you ever change shirts? Every time I look at your avatar you have on the same blue shirt :mellow:

Tailgating un unmarked police car at about 3-4 ft through a construction zone, then full throttle as I passed after the construction zone. Looked in the mirrors and seen the red and blue lights. 2 tickets = $520 :huh: At least he gave me my guns and ammo back after the ticket.

• Like 1

• Moderators

A few years back I was a little overly ambitious about building a fire for new years eve, turned out well but will list it as a blunder just because of overkill. And it's a little hard to light TONS of wood quickly.

terrible phone pic

post-9700-0-37740000-1395860990_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1