Is there such a thing as a "Klipsch Heritage Speaker Line Grading Scale"?

jimjimbo

The original 2-way Jub with the wooden 403 horn (the one you see PWK pose with) sounded just like another Heritage speaker but was 2-way. Once Roy put the 402 on it instead..........my personal feeling is THAT promoted it out of the Heritage lineup. It remains an untouchable improvement still today for the Jub......not counting of course making it a 3-way and adding a 510 on top of the 402.

Ain't no party like a Heritage Series party. Except a Pro Theater party.

Yeah, the Pro stuff is the only thing that outplays the Heritage line, since this is where all the Horn improvements have been made. But you gotta have a big room or a very understanding lady in your life (or just visitors rather than residents).

Where would the Palladium series fit in?

I overlooked the Palladium Series, maybe because they're relatively rare. Without having heard Palladium speakers, and based only on what I've read, I'd say they'd go between stock Heritage and Pro Theater.

That's for sound quality. As for good looks, Palladiums are pretty hard to beat.

Even though my experience with the Heritage line is limited, especially the modded ones, I would think the Palladiums go between the modded Heritage and Pro Theater.

Palladiums are in their own category the same as the reference line would be. Palladium quality cannot be disputed. If somebody spending the money on a palladium puts a scratch on them all i can say is shame on them. Palladium scale in any event with grading are A+

• Like 2

Palladiums are in their own category the same as the reference line would be. Palladium quality cannot be disputed. If somebody spending the money on a palladium puts a scratch on them all i can say is shame on them. Palladium scale in any event with grading are A+

That's good to know. I am about a complete newb when it comes to high end audio, but did receive these P38s as a gift from a local Klipsch engineer that I did a lot of work on his house a couple years ago. I still owe him a favor or two.

I don't know where the Jubilee might fall... I'd leave that for Roy to say...

That said, I'd feel it's more of the Heritage bloodline since it was designed originally to become the Khorn II. If it were filling those shoes would it then be considered Heritage? I'd venture to say it would not (in that role) be considered a cinema speaker.

The fact that it's good enough to hold its own in the cinema lineup simply shows how good it is

Personally, I don't care if Roy called it the Petunia line.... it still sounds pretty decent for a plug ugly box

:emotion-22::emotion-22:

• Like 1

But, don't they have slightly higher bass distortion (Frequency Modulation) than speakers with horn loaded bass, such as Jubs, some Pros (the ones with horn loaded bass), and, perhaps, Khorns and La Scalas?

But, don't they have slightly higher bass distortion (Frequency Modulation) than speakers with horn loaded bass, such as Jubs, some Pros (the ones with horn loaded bass), and, perhaps, Khorns and La Scalas?

exactly but Ceptormans gonna throw his out if we dont give palladiums a good rating

:D

Ain't no party like a Heritage Series party. Except a Pro Theater party.

Yeah, the Pro stuff is the only thing that outplays the Heritage line, since this is where all the Horn improvements have been made. But you gotta have a big room or a very understanding lady in your life (or just visitors rather than residents).

I get tired of the women much quicker than the speakers and the speakers are a better deal :D

• Like 1

I agree, for the most part. The La Scala II would be slightly above the La Scala I, because of less cabinet resonance. Both would be just above the Belle, due to La Scala mid horns being longer.

I thought part of the issue with the LS is the long length of the throat in conjunction with the 1" opening creating a squawkiness...

Edited by Schu

Where would the Palladium series fit in?

The Palladium line is in it's own category. It was designed to compete with the B&W 802 types. I spent an hour with P39's and my test CD's it is is the Prom Queen, of the Klipsch line. But NOT Heritage since it's so new. A Cornwall on Steroids with a Lambhorghini Body.

Yes, they do. But the trade off is style/fashion, upper echelon looks. Any of the "big 3" bass horns are less distortion than any of the bass reflex types. MWM is the Grand Daddy of the Pro Line. I saw the first prototype in the Mid 70's, Followed by the Jube, then the Khorn. Heard them all side by side, but Khorn, LaScala, and Belle ares the only TRUE Heritage in the horn bass line. Saw the Mahogany 2-way Jube at CES in 1999. Although the treble horns were pretty, they cost $5,000 a pair (only 2 were ever made) and were not made right so they were just for show. The Jubilee should have been Gen. 2 heritage, but it's strictly a Pro Line Speaker. Although you can order it without paint and a pretty front and finish it yourself, as many have here. What makes a Jube a Jube is the BASS Horn. If your read the AES paper, it ouperforms the Khorn bass in everyway, and outdoes a LaScala when it's not in a corner. It a very versatile bass section that can be EQ'd flat to about 32 hz., but all Bass horns need PEQ, Not as flat as Bass Reflex but about 20 db less distortion.

I think We should refer to the KG line as the Econo line, the Chorus/Forte as 2nd Generation Heritage and so on. I still like the Chorus II better than Cornwall or Chorus 1 and have owned them all. My favorite horns are the Jubilee and the MWMsingle, so I designed the Quarter Pie to fit between those, performance-wise. Horn bass rules! The bigger the Horn, the better, the horn, all other things being equal, which they seldom are.

If I were a new buyer, I would get 2 or 3-Way Jubilees, which would be Special order, just like new horns are special order, and about the same price, with better sound quality because of bigger horns on top, and more Sd and motors in the woofer section (for less distortion and stronger bass).

Edited by ClaudeJ1

exactly but Ceptormans gonna throw his out if we dont give palladiums a good rating

Haha, I doubt if Ill be throwing them out, they sound spectacular to me, and look pretty awesome!

I don't know where the Jubilee might fall... I'd leave that for Roy to say...

That said, I'd feel it's more of the Heritage bloodline since it was designed originally to become the Khorn II. If it were filling those shoes would it then be considered Heritage? I'd venture to say it would not (in that role) be considered a cinema speaker.

The fact that it's good enough to hold its own in the cinema lineup simply shows how good it is

Personally, I don't care if Roy called it the Petunia line.... it still sounds pretty decent for a plug ugly box

:emotion-22::emotion-22:

I think the Jube is Pretty when compared to my TSCM, but disagree on the Heritage thing because PWK wasn't able to finish it, that was Roy. I also would have to say that while I love the sound of the Chorus, Forte, Quartet, I don't consider them "Extended Heritage" because they weren't PWK designs .

On another front, Richard, are you gonna try to meet up with Kev and me at this next years Hope gathering??

Rog