out with the old dream theater and in with the new.... Full front pic added

Scrappydue

Im extremely happy with my modest pro heresy/chorus ii/radian 18's theater. On the other hand If i was in either of your shoes i'd be wide awake for days...just be real careful...them babies will put out enough power to piss off the whole town, not just the neighbors lol

more to come soon as i get more familiar with these. have only had about an hour with them so far and all of that time there has been either a mom, son, or wife in the room distracting me from REALLY paying attention to them.

Dude, Mothers Day or not, they're your speakers. Ya gotta draw the line with Mom planking on your woofers.

:P

i have yet to hang any kpt-100's as i need to make some brackets or something for them.

Congrats!!!

Here's what I did to mount the KPT-100 almost flush on the wall: Cut a piece of 1/2" birch plywood a little smaller than the speaker, stained the sides black (paint works too), fastened it to the back of the KPT-100 using machine screws using the KPT-100 mount holes, and secured the plywood to the wall using thin metal french cleats. Of course I had something solid behind the sheetrock to screw into. I had planned re-enforcements in the wall when I built the room.

• Moderators

more to come soon as i get more familiar with these. have only had about an hour with them so far and all of that time there has been either a mom, son, or wife in the room distracting me from REALLY paying attention to them.

Dude, Mothers Day or not, they're your speakers. Ya gotta draw the line with Mom planking on your woofers.

:P

They don't call them direct radiators for nothing. :lol:

Now I know why my wife wanted those big plywood bass bins, all this time I thought it was for music. :emotion-55:

I promise to give a more in depth review after having them for longer and enjoying them a bit more.

I sat down and listened to a few songs tonight. These bad boys are plenty smooth to me. Not hot at all on the top end. They are extremely powerful sounding compared to any other speaker I have owned. And the biggest thing to me is I have my musical abilities back in my theater. The thx were great with movies but IMO terrible for music. And some might say that's ok ( I used to ) but let's think about how many movies have fantastic music or scores in them. The thx just take away from that.

I really do like the sound of this sub too. I'm trying to talk myself into keeping it but it's SO BIG!

Plus I kind of want a new receiver and the sub money could find that. So if anyone is interested in a kpt-884 we can work a deal.

Thanks. Sorry for the poor quality pics. I am gonna get the nice camera out this weekend to get a few better pics of downstairs. Gonna remove the kpt sub and put the room back together. It's functional now for some

Testing, but still not close to normal