First theater complex to have a fully horn loaded cinema systems

Youthman

• Moderators
that mid horn lens on the two outside units does not look familiar????

I think it's just the lighting and the angle that they are shown that makes them look different. They say they are using 3 identical speakers.

KPT_MCM_-_Front_635210703403340000_large

I just saw this on the Klipsch Facebook page

Today, Malco Theatres, Inc. becomes the first theater complex to have FULLY horn-loaded cinema systems!

Two theaters will sport three Klipsch KPT-MCM-II speakers behind the screen, the first and only fully horn-loaded THX®-Approved four-way cinema system.

They will also have four Klipsch KPT-1802-HLS Subwoofers, the only fully horn-loaded, vented Cinema subwoofer in the world.

Here is a pic for those that do not have a Facebook

There ya go... That could be your front 3 channel speaker setup for your theater!

• Moderators
How many here are thinking about how they'd sound in their living room

Sad thing is, is there are some with something close.

It's not sad at all, it's a sickness the have been working on for years. :D

The people here with the closest to that are used for 2 CH. For three across the front it would take a 20' wide room and they would touch.

Edited by dtel

that mid horn lens on the two outside units does not look familiar????

I think it's just the lighting and the angle that they are shown that makes them look different. They say they are using 3 identical speakers.

KPT_MCM_-_Front_635210703403340000_large

Perfect, I have now got the Desktop background iv always wanted, thank you for the great pic.

Update, oh man, it does not fit...... :o

Edited by minermark
  • Like 1

Those lucky theater visitors!

I've always wanted to look behind my local theater's screen.

so do it! There hasn't been a single movie I've been to over the last 10 years where I haven't poked my head under the curtain to see what all is in a certain size room.

No doubt...We are free to do it...consider the cost of a ticket you should feel comfortable doing so. As long as you do not damage anything. While the mrs goes to the powder room and everybody leaves make yourself comfortable and dig in!

Bugtussle, or Memphis?

I thought it was in Tennessee but that is where Malco's headquarters is. Looks like they have multiple locations all over the place. I inquired on the Klipsch FB page which two locations they were being installed in.

If you or anybody finds the place please list it...I may be able to afford a trip to hear this setup. As long as their not playing some love sobbing drama...the cinema location/s likely dont know which theater room they are in(for the sake of humanity!)....I would make a trip Tennessee for the demo for something like the new king kong er the like...

• Moderators
so do it! There hasn't been a single movie I've been to over the last 10 years where I haven't poked my head under the curtain to see what all is in a certain size room.

Only Scrappy. Haha.

I've only looked behind one. There was a local theater that was no longer being used and they were going to give us anything we wanted from it. Our church was going to take everything we could and then sell it on CL as a fundraiser for summer camp, etc. but it kept getting pushed back and pushed back until finally, they said the lease with the new company that was going to buy the building did not go through.

When I looked behind the screen, I think they were using JBL speakers but it's been a few years.