Greg Roberts' (Volti Audio) Khorns for sale on eBay

eth2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Klipschorn-Khorn-K-horn-Speakers-Fully-Upgraded-by-Volti-Audio/291181585366?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D23772%26meid%3D8087653612884428515%26pid%3D100010%26prg%3D10164%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D24%26sd%3D261520995021

Upgrades include:

New Crites 1526C bass drivers with new wiring

New Volti Audio V-Trac horns, 2" throat, tractrix flare, wooden horns, much larger and much better sounding than the original honky Klipsch mid horns

New BMS 4592nd Coaxial midrange drivers (using only the midrange part of these drivers)

New Beyma CP25 tweeters

New North Reading Engineering KV1 crossovers

New Volti wiring throughout

$6,500

Edited by eth2
  • Like 1

Perhaps I am being cynical.

You can buy a pair of used K-Horns for 1.5 to 2 thousand and you will have a great sounding pair of speakers.

The price on eBay is 6.5 thousand. You will have speakers with great cosmetics and a huge price tag. Is it really worth it?

Edited by PrestonTom
  • Like 1

You can buy a pair of used K-Horns for 1.5 to 2 thousand and you will have a great sounding pair of speakers.

The price on eBay is 6.5 thousand. You will have speakers with great cosmetics and a huge price tag. Is it really worth it?

To each his own, but I tend to agree, would rather have Klipschorns; refreshed if needed; but, I think Klipsch knows what they are doing (& did).

To ME, those are no longer Klipschorns; although, at least they still appear to be, from a distance & they have Volti badges...

I found his descriptions and his various rants hilarious. :lol: What a great Ebay ad, certainly one of the best I've ever seen!

Mr. Roberts should have posted his ad here first. I think he would have been preaching (selling) to the choir. B)

Greg does nothing more than what most do here. Tweak the tried and true Klipsch designs. Heritage that is. His craftsmanship extending to his finishes are top notch. Don't diss this guy. He gives credit where it is due and does great work. I am just shocked, having a good friend from Maine, that he would move to Tennessee. The poor guy must be desperate. Tennessee? The fence straddle state. Last of the Confederacy. Most Americans can't find Tennessee on the map. Why? Maybe because as someone once said, there is no there there. Well, maybe there is if you are into country music. Or are Coytee, the number one fan in the Marie Osmond fan club.

I do not have experience with his horn upgrade, but I do with alk s trachorn. One of the most significant upgrades to be had. Coupled with new crossovers and Gregg's attention to detail, one would be getting some fine speakers

• Like 1

I do not have experience with his horn upgrade, but I do with alk s trachorn. One of the most significant upgrades to be had. Coupled with new crossovers and Gregg's attention to detail, one would be getting some fine speakers

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that he does not do good work. The cabinets look great, but there is a cost associated with that.

To give bit of perspective, ask your wife or G/F if they are good looking cabinets compared to the stock ones. You might be surprised by how indifferent their reaction is. I will generalize ---- they will still think still that are big speaker cabinets that they definitley do not want in the living room. So is the extra 5 grand worth it?

Edited by PrestonTom

• 10 months later...
Greg does nothing more than what most do here. Tweak the tried and true Klipsch designs. Heritage that is. His craftsmanship extending to his finishes are top notch. Don't diss this guy. He gives credit where it is due and does great work. I am just shocked, having a good friend from Maine, that he would move to Tennessee. The poor guy must be desperate. Tennessee? The fence straddle state. Last of the Confederacy. Most Americans can't find Tennessee on the map. Why? Maybe because as someone once said, there is no there there. Well, maybe there is if you are into country music. Or are Coytee, the number one fan in the Marie Osmond fan club.

Oh my God.  This is the most unrealistic, ignorant audio forum comment I have seen in some time.  Good gracious, someone needs a bit of humility........and, a bit of real experience with audio products other than Klipsch.

Edited by Jujubee

Oh my God.  This is the most unrealistic, ignorant audio forum comment I have seen in some time.  Good gracious, someone needs a bit of humility........and, a bit of real experience with audio products other than Klipsch.

Someone needs a better sense of humor for real understanding.  But thanks for the superlatives.

Oh my God. This is the most unrealistic, ignorant audio forum comment I have seen in some time. Good gracious, someone needs a bit of humility........and, a bit of real experience with audio products other than Klipsch.

Hmm, I'm not sure what got your dander up in that year-old post, but Mr. Oldtimer posts with a lot of tongue-in-cheek, usually with more than a bit of hyperbole, but in a good way.  His posts are slightly irreverent, sometimes off-beat, but always in an entertaining way, and without ill intent.

I think if he said those things while sitting across from you at a table, a wink and a nod and a half-smile might explain things better than all the words I know how to write.   B)

• Like 2