Struck a nerve

Chris A

I would never want to go back to the so called good old days... I might be the oldest member on this forum,,,,, It was not good at all... First world war... My grandfather almost died it that one,,,If he did I wouldn't be here,,.. He gave up a lot.. For his daughter, could survive,,,...(my mother)....... My baby years was the depression,,,,Kid years were second world war,,My father died in that one...Selling newspapers on the street corners was my first job,,,, I remember we didn't have toiletpaper,,,Newspaper printing ink didn't keep my butt clean.... SO don't give good old days crap...It didn't happen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 years later...
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2014 at 10:51 AM, Chris A said:

Personally, I can't harden my heart to reject these children in need, but I do think that the present state of affairs isn't working. That's not politics - just living in the real world with a conscience.

Me neither and me too. That said, 2014 was a different time....

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2014 at 4:09 PM, ZAKO said:

I would never want to go back to the so called good old days... I might be the oldest member on this forum,,,,, It was not good at all... First world war... My grandfather almost died it that one,,,If he did I wouldn't be here,,.. He gave up a lot.. For his daughter, could survive,,,...(my mother)....... My baby years was the depression,,,,Kid years were second world war,,My father died in that one...Selling newspapers on the street corners was my first job,,,, I remember we didn't have toiletpaper,,,Newspaper printing ink didn't keep my butt clean.... SO don't give good old days crap...It didn't happen

I believe that is why your age group is referred to as "The Greatest Generation," and recent propaganda made it seem like we should go back to those times...

On 7/11/2014 at 2:28 PM, derrickdj1 said:

We will only address serious world issues once mankind is on the precipice of major disater or extincition

We are ON the precipice NOW!   You mention water; the largest single source of fresh water (arctic ice, I'm told) is melting into the ocean.  Maybe de-salination  plants will save us?  But don't settle in New Jersey or Florida.  Minus 1, Minus 2 ... Minus 10 population  growth?  How?  Financial reward for birth control?   What an opportunity for creativity!  But I don't see much. 

image.png

We are ON the precipice NOW!   You mention water; the largest single source of fresh water (arctic ice, I'm told) is melting into the ocean.  Maybe

de-salination  plants will save us?  But don't settle in New Jersey or Florida.  Minus 1, Minus 2 ... Minus 10 population  growth?  How?  Financial reward for birth control?   What an opportunity for creativity!  But I don't see much.

On 7/15/2014 at 5:09 PM, ZAKO said:

I miss Zako.....a real character and didn't hold back.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2014 at 2:36 PM, joessportster said:

no one in power is willing to make the hard decisions for fear they will not be re-elected, The people it seems vote on what is good for them not what is good for the country

This statement is not true of President Trump. The only bad thing that would happen to him if he's NOT re-elected (doubtful), is that he'd go back to living in better homes and flying in a more luxurious private jet, and, worst of all the blow to his EGO, which would be the very worst thing.

On 7/11/2014 at 4:43 PM, JJkizak said:

The wall on the border did not work for the Russians and the wall on the border will not work for the Americans.

Maybe some kind of electronic wizardry llike "drone catchers" with claws.

JJK

I totally disagree with this comment. The Russian wall was to keep people IN after cutting Germany in half. Walls that keep people OUT always work.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

This statement is not true of President Trump. The only bad thing that would happen to him if he's NOT re-elected (doubtful), is that he'd go back to living in better homes and flying in a more luxurious private jet, and, worst of all the blow to his EGO, which would be the very worst thing.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1........

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

You can't be serious.

This thread is on the edge of a lock anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

No, I'm not serious. But having 14 Kv. of electric wires running on top, keep them in OR out. LOL. Extra crispy anyone?