College Football Thread ('14-'15)

Sancho Panza

I don't know what to say, I did say all week that if NE only loses by a touchdown I would be happy. I know that's how the game ended, but now I sit and wonder. What would have happened if Nebraska would have been on top of their game in the first half.

Hopefully they keep this from letting them down. I believe they are highly capable of winning the big 10 championship. Maybe MSU wasn't all there.

TCU got Robbed on that pass inteference call. Hate to see a team lose on a BS call like that. Clearly a no call situation. Just like on the previous TCU possession when the Baylor defender was all over the TCU receiver on a 4th down pass attempt and there was no call. You have to officiate the games the same way for both!

OK, I just got back from the Marshall game, and we are now 6-0 beating Middle Tennessee 49-24. Before this game, we were ranked #26 in the coaches poll. I didn't check the other polls, but I believe with this win we are a top 25 team. Frankly, I don't see anybody beating us this season. We should end up 12-0 this season with the worst behind us. We will definitely be the Conference USA Champs. Middle Tennessee is #2, and if not for rhythm difficulty in the first half, the score would have been 63-10.

Way to go Thundering Herd!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/276/marshall-thundering-herd

ps: WVU won in a nail biter 55 yard FG. WTG Mountaineers!

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 4

OK, I just got back from the Marshall game, and we are now 6-0 beating Middle Tennessee 49-24. Before this game, we were ranked #26 in the coaches poll. I didn't check the other polls, but I believe with this win we are a top 25 team. Frankly, I don't see anybody beating us this season. We should end up 12-0 this season with the worst behind us. We will definitely be the Conference USA Champs. Middle Tennessee is #2, and if not for rhythm difficulty in the first half, the score would have been 63-10.

Way to go Thundering Herd!

ps: WVU won in a nail biter 55 yard FG. WTG Mountaineers!

The polls haven't come out yet, but let me be the first to welcome 6-0 Marshall to the top 25!  They are the #2 ranked scoring offense and the #8 scoring defense in FBS. Not bad.

It's a little strange to have the season just now half-way over, but a half-dozen teams, including Marshall, are now bowl eligible.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

Thank you Mountaineers for defeating Baylor. Another one bites the dust. Either FSU or ND will be next undefeated to go down. If the 2 Mississippis remain undefeated, the Egg Bowl will crack that. Marshal (this year's Boise State) is not cracking the playoff.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

Oh my, did the Aggies forget to board the bus this morning? is Alabama gonna go ahead and drop 90 on the 12th ranked Aggies this afternoon? Oh A&M, this is brutal!

This is the a&m of the old Southwest Conference.....

Why do aggies hate M&M's?

They're too hard to peel.....

• Like 1

Thank you Mountaineers for defeating Baylor. Another one bites the dust. Either FSU or ND will be next undefeated to go down. If the 2 Mississippis remain undefeated, the Egg Bowl will crack that. Marshal (this year's Boise State) is not cracking the playoff.

You're welcome.  :D

10689743_937299826297465_278353808492190

Nobody cares about official's calls, but I've now gotten to see the play in slo mo on ESPN's web site. 

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=400547767

There are 3 receivers lined up on the right, the defenders are playing man-to-man coverage.  At the start of the play two of the receivers engage immediately off the line with the safety's.  The third safety has the R to the inside, and he is playing inside technique, which means he will take the guy to the inside of the field.  The inside guy breaks OUTSIDE, and the defender can't get there.  NOBODY touches the defender, and the TD pass is complete.

Had the OUTSIDE defender tried to cover him and was engaged, I might say pass interference, but it was the INSIDE defender who was fooled by the route.  I say bad call. 

In fact, I say terrible call.

+++

The only consolation ND might have is if they get style points from the final four committee with a quality loss, and are only dropped slightly in the polls (I know they are not connected) and ND can become a one-loss final four team.

+++

Not that it matters department:  Notre Dame dominated every single stat, total yards, passing, rushing, penalties, first downs etc.  Looking at the stats, it's hard to see how FSU won the game.

Edited by wvu80

ND's schedule works against them becoming a one loss final four participant. For example, next week against Navy is a no win situation as far as the committee is concerned. A victory over the Middies offers little in the way of style points. Worse, a loss would be fatal.

ND's schedule works against them becoming a one loss final four participant. For example, next week against Navy is a no win situation as far as the committee is concerned. A victory over the Middies offers little in the way of style points. Worse, a loss would be fatal.

Agreed.  ND's only hope is that they'll stay the top 1-loss team, and one of of the top-four teams lose.