SOLD Sherbourn PA7-350 SOLD

Scrappydue

• Moderators
Is a 20 amp circuit required? If so I don't have it at this location.

According to this article, yes, it requires a 20-amp circuit.  Scrappy, are you running it on a 20-amp circuit?

My Sherbourn 7/2100a (200 x 7) amp has two power cords and I'm running it off the same 15-amp circuit but it was designed to be compatible with a 15-amp circuit.

This brute will output a massive 2.1 kW and comes with two power cords to ensure that you can pull all of the needed power from two outlets, which eliminates the need to install a special 20-amp circuit.

I am running it off of a 20 amp circuit however I read before that it is fine off of a 15 unless you needs it's full power which who in this forum ever would need 550 for all channels. In fact I've read that if you want that it needs to be on a 30amp 220v circuit. Come on that's getting rediculous.

With today's wiring you shouldn't have 20 amp breaker feeding your normal rooms it should be a 15. In every house I buy; I pull the 20 amps and put in 15. It all depends on how big the wire is coming from your breaker and if its rated for 20 amp.

With today's wiring you shouldn't have 20 amp breaker feeding your normal rooms it should be a 15. In every house I buy; I pull the 20 amps and put in 15. It all depends on how big the wire is coming from your breaker and if its rated for 20 amp.

ah been when you run new wires yourself you get what you want ;-)

It all depends on how big the wire is coming from your breaker and if its rated for 20 amp.

Precisely.  I am not a licensed electrician (and any of you out there, please correct me if I am wrong), but my understanding is a 20 amp circuit should have 12 gauge wire and a 15 amp circuit, 14 gauge wire.  When I did my addition, I ran all 20 amp circuit breakers with 20 amp outlets and 12 gauge wire.  I have my HT setup on this circuit.  I wouldn't swap out a 20 amp circuit breaker for a 15, unless you are concerned that the wire is less than 12 gauge.  You definitely don't want to swap a 15 amp circuit breaker for a 20 amp, unless you are absolutely positive the wire in the circuit is adequate.  In most cases, a 15 amp circuit will have 14 gauge wire, and this is typically the standard residential application.  When in doubt, get the expertise of someone who is qualified.

Awesome amp Scrappy.  I am surprised someone hasn't scooped it up yet.

PM sent

Edit: Is a 20 amp circuit required? If so I don't have it at this location.

pm sent. sorry it took me so long. shuffling long shifts, family, and home theater rebuild all at once is very time consuming. 

The guy I was asking for is "asking permission"