GOT A TUBE AMP!

Brac

You don't need a Chinese blueprint, you can make a rather good one from right here in the U.S. ;)

Bruce

Aircraft slang for making a copy of a part from what's in front of you.

Edited by USNRET

I would personally find someone with a tube tester and has knowledge of tube equipment. A Variac would be a safe way to run the voltage up slowly to make sure you don't get the "magic smoke" from a failed capacitor and/or resistor. I doubt you would fry a transformer but it could happen. I am just overly cautious when it comes to plugging in old tube gear without some measure of caution.

• Like 2

Its not too awful hard to find a single Mark III but don't be surprised if the second one costs you 10X more then this total steal of a bargain. The preamp is most likely mono....put that on eBay to help pay for a 2nd Mark III....

I'll give you $100 plus shipping for both no questions asked ;)

Get a C. Chong Cap board. If you want a SDS cap board instead... Ill send you the 1 spare PCB I have... The C. Chong tubes4pro power supply is much better. Order a new choke from triode electronics. Order a Poseiden PCB or VTA PCB (Driver) and you will have a very very nice amp indeed. As NOS said the 2nd amp might cost 10x as much as the 1st... On Ebay they are $300-500 each or $500-700 for a pair.

Have pics? The pre may need some love too.

All said and done, as a rebuilt it will be a very very nice amp.