SOLD La Scala pair with full factory grills

tromprof

I am selling my pair of 1977 La Scala speakers. They are marked LS-BR on the back and were finished by the original owner who did a decent job. The color is a little darker and richer than it appears in the photos. Overall the cabinets are in very good condition. They have been updated with Crites CT-125 tweeters and Crites A networks. The original owner said the grills were factory done and on the speakers when he purchased them new in Louisville, KY. The grills are attached like Corwalls of the era and are not detachable. They actually look like Cornwalls but are deeper. The speakers also come with custom glass tops. Price is $1,000 OBO. Pick-up only in Cincinnati area.

post-26564-0-53820000-1408891396_thumb.j

post-26564-0-13700000-1408891442_thumb.j

post-26564-0-71100000-1408891483_thumb.j

post-26564-0-59180000-1408891538_thumb.j

post-26564-0-62260000-1408891587_thumb.j

post-26564-0-19700000-1408891619_thumb.j

Edited by tromprof
  • Like 1

wow... very nice.

Grills not removable eh?

Well, I guess you can remove them, but they ain't going to be easy to put back on. From the pics I have seen about removing Cornwall grills there will be about about a million staples holding them in place under the trim.

I really like that look. They should have put that grill on all of them if you ask me.

Really increases the WAF. My wife is very tolerant but I don't think she would have allowed a regular pair of La Scala in the living room. Also keeps the cats out. :D   

I had a very nice older gentleman who came by this morning to listen to them. He has a fair amount of nice equipment but had heard a pair of La Scala 40 years ago and wanted to see if they sounded as good as he remembered. He was very impressed, so impressed in fact he said they would be wasted on him since his hearing wasn't doing so well. He told me to try to sell them to someone younger who would appreciate them more.  :lol:  Told me if they didn't sell in a couple of weeks he would take them.

I did take him down to the basement to hear the Quarter Pie theater. He was totally blown away. I played a Berlin Philharmonic video for him first, and switched to Revenge of the Sith. He hadn't seen any of the new Star Wars but said he was going to get a copy on his way home.