For the RF people

dtel

• Moderators

I know most of HT is RF, so I was looking through some old pics and thought you might want to see to pics of them being built ?

I know very little about the Rf line, we have some RB-75's but that's all.

All these are in Hope, so I guess it's RF-7's, you all would know better ?

post-9700-0-51760000-1411076191_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-20480000-1411076211_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-77800000-1411076233_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-52760000-1411076253_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-78440000-1411076307_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-19600000-1411076353_thumb.jp

• Like 5

• Moderators
The dark cherry was available in the Classic RF-7 (2009).

Didn't know that, if I remember correctly they told us they were having problems with consistency with the finish, or something like that 

Thanks

• Moderators

One thing I have to say is the quality of woodwork in the Hope plant is unbelievable. I do some woodworking and the kind of work they put out is amazing, from cutting to finishes. We were told the finished speakers passing all inspections was well into the very high 90% rate. Also most of the people working the Hope plant have been there a very long time, many well over 20 years and the work they put out shows. It is impressive and also little depressing if you do woodworking at home.  

Just some samples setting on the side were first class.

post-9700-0-14400000-1411080890_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• Moderators
BigStewMan, on 18 Sept 2014 - 5:53 PM, said:BigStewMan, on 18 Sept 2014 - 5:53 PM, said:

Just what do you mean by the RF people?  "Rich Folks?"

YES, there rich in tall thin speakers :o

I tend to go for the short fat ones myself (speakers only) :P

I don't have anything against the RF line, actually my first Klipsch was almost RF-7's, instead I bought 5 Synergy instead for way less that the two Rf's.

Typical mistake being in a rush to have it all setup at once, well a couple years later I moved on and gave the Synergy's to a relative who loved them.

We replaced the Synergy's with 6 fortes, then lost our common sense and went with something that makes the fortes look tiny, but were done at last.

Edited by dtel

• Moderators

We were told the finished speakers passing all inspections was well into the very high 90% rate.

so what happens to speakers that fail inspection?  Tear them apart and try again?

If it something minor they can fix they fix it, if not the drivers are removed and it goes in the dumpster. We were told don't bother dumpster diving they are busted up, they knew we all had the same idea.

• Moderators
reference_head, on 18 Sept 2014 - 5:58 PM, said:reference_head, on 18 Sept 2014 - 5:58 PM, said:reference_head, on 18 Sept 2014 - 5:58 PM, said:

So they make the RS here also? 

I don't know, at one point some models definitely were, those pics were from 2010. I know the pro, cinema and heritage are made in Hope, and I think the Palladium ?

We have been there probably 6 times and with the plant working only a couple, once to pick up some Cornwall lll's we won and I was a little distracted that day. :wub:

Most of the trips were for the Pilgramages, it's a really cool place to visit, just to see how everything is done, and the museums. 

Not the RF line but pic's given to me from klipsch of Cornwall lll's being built.  http://www.cyclonecj.com/dtel/Dtelcorns-small/

Edit; The employees are amazed at the interest of all the people here and seem really surprised we even travel to come see what's going on and do the crazy things we do to get these speakers, probably makes them feel good, I would think ?.....they probably think were a little nuts also ?

Edited by dtel

bought 5 Synergy instead

Synergy is a very good bang for the buck. in fact, in a closet, i have F3, S3, C3, and KSW-12 bought many years ago. I Don't use them, Cornwalls and H1s in the living room--H2s in the closet with the synergy set.  All sound great; but, probably will never use them again--i'd sell them if i wasn't so lazy.

Edited by BigStewMan