682/362 PA - 6 boxes- price drop $2,000 Indy.

colterphoto1

2 of the KP682 subs - these are like the cinema KPT 684's but have metal grilles, NL4 pro connectors, and handles/wheels so they easily tilt back for transport. The BIG boys! 

4 KP362 three way trapezoidal tops. 15", 60 degree Tractrix horn and K792 tweeter (the one with biggest magnet and tractrix horn). Tight packed they create a approx 110 degree coverage. 

I've used these for a few years with a Crown K2 per sub and K2 split for the tops and can share my Driverack settings with you. They have a few chips and scrapes but are in good enough shape to be put into service today. The tops have been rewired so that a single 4 conductor cable goes from amp racks to subs, then jumpers from subs to tops. Subs are 1+/-, Tops are 2 +/- so if you are using Crown Xti amps you can split them between sub and top on an individual amp if you prefer (Crown internal crossover are designed for this type operation). NEVER overdriven! Although I've owned these for several years, they have gotten very light use, having been taken out only 3-4 times per season, usually small bar or outdoor fest gigs. Tops came from a church in CA where they were flown, obtained by Bill Hendrix, and the bottoms were acquired by myself and IndyKlipschFan from a band  Green Bay WI. 

In Indianapolis, for immediate pickup. Guys, this is only about $350 per box - what a deal! Tour the House of Klipsch while you're here. Makes a great bar system (Jazz Kitchen has had this exact setup for years, it is featured on the Klipsch website). Remind me and I'll give you the flyware brackets for them - so you can safely install in a flown rigged position with absolute security! 

I've switched to a Danley system, using LAB subs recently acquired from a friend, and Yorkville U15 tops, a combination that I've used here in town with Jennie Devoe's soundman for a few years now.

Michael

Edited by colterphoto1
  • Like 2

Yes, this is the way I operated it. WIth the tops being only 60 degree horns, it's pretty necessary to double up on them to have adequate coverage in most rooms or outdoors. If need be would split to 1/1 (pair of subs and pair of tops). 

The KI-362 uses a 90 degree horn and I had those first, but they lack handles and NL4 connector, being meant for permanent installations. You can't tight pack 90 degree horn cabinets without substantial overlap of coverage and resulting phase irregularities.