Ebola - NY/NJ beginning mandatory quarantines

Guest Steven1963

YOUR CHILDREN ARE IN MORE DANGER FROM SOME CRAZED KID COMING TO SCHOOL AND SHOOTING UP THE CLAssrooms

Thank you for making the case for concealed carry in schools. I completely agree......

Shakey

Absolutely!  I think every first-grader ought to be trained how to use a .44 and should have one in every desk drawer.

Getting ahead of this disease was or is never easy,,,I see it will never be fully contained,,, Some countries feel We are behind this (politically stupid),,, And in those countries it will go on,,  Whole towns in AFRICA were completely wiped out,,during the AIDS epidemic...

YOUR CHILDREN ARE IN MORE DANGER FROM SOME CRAZED KID COMING TO SCHOOL AND SHOOTING UP THE CLAssrooms

Thank you for making the case for concealed carry in schools. I completely agree......

Shakey

Absolutely!  I think every first-grader ought to be trained how to use a .44 and should have one in every desk drawer.

You obviously missed the point....

Matthews,,, Now thats being stupid,,

I totally respect the rights of citizens to bear arms.  However, that does not mean I think they should bear arms.  It's their call. 

Just a couple of weeks ago, a cousin of mine accidentally discharged a pistol in his house, putting a hole in the ceiling.  If his luck would have been just a little worse, he'd be dead, or he'd have killed someone.  I was there, and as soon as it happened, I told him, "Now you see why I don't own a gun or want one around me."

People accidentally cause gun discharges all the time.  If you own a gun and handle guns regularly, it's not a matter of "if" you will accidentally cause it to discharge.  It's when.  And when it happens, the next big "if" is whether you will cause serious harm or not.

People often like to claim how they are really safe with guns and well-trained, etc.  That may be, but the safest way to own a gun is not to handle it.  Once people start handling guns regularly, they will shoot them by accident - somewhere, somehow, sometime.  

Again, I totally respect the right to bear arms, but that does not mean there are no negative consequences associated with doing so.  You have to accept the bad that goes along with the good.  

Edited by Jeff Matthews
  • Thanks 1

Matthews,,, Now thats being stupid,,

I totally respect the rights of citizens to bear arms.  However, that does not mean I think they should bear arms.  It's their call. 

Just a couple of weeks ago, a cousin of mine accidentally discharged a pistol in his house, putting a hole in the ceiling.  If his luck would have been just a little worse, he'd be dead, or he'd have killed someone.  I was there, and as soon as it happened, I told him, "Now you see why I don't own a gun or want one around me."

People accidentally cause gun discharges all the time.  If you own a gun and handle guns regularly, it's not a matter of "if" you will accidentally cause it to discharge.  It's when.  And when it happens, the next big "if" is whether you will cause serious harm or not.

People often like to claim how they are really safe with guns and well-trained, etc.  That may be, but the safest way to own a gun is not to handle it.  Once people start handling guns regularly, they will shoot them by accident - somewhere, somehow, sometime.  

Again, I totally respect the right to bear arms, but that does not mean there are no negative consequences associated with doing so.  You have to accept the bad that goes along with the good.  

own and handling guns for over 30 years never accidentally fired one,  know dozens of owners that have never Accidentally fired a weapon.  very broad and mis-informed statement

accidents can happen but it is more often than not carelessness in handling..................Anyone that knows anything about guns and gun safety knows you only handle them loaded when prepared to fire them, Anyone playing around with a loaded gun inside a house obviously needs training

The sad part is, with so many people owning guns, there are many that are not completely knowledgeable about their safety, they just want one. Last week here in Indy, a younger guy that just bought a hand gun was cleaning it in his living room, with his 9 month old son playing close by. It accidentally discharged, sending the bullet through his leg, into the head of his son. He will be fine, but the little boy died this morning. A real tragedy.

The sad part is, with so many people owning guns, there are many that are not completely knowledgeable about their safety, they just want one. Last week here in Indy, a younger guy that just bought a hand gun was cleaning it in his living room, with his 9 month old son playing close by. It accidentally discharged, sending the bullet through his leg, into the head of his son. He will be fine, but the little boy died this morning. A real tragedy.

Terrible story, But it clearly proves careless handling caused this...........................it is infinitely known and taught never clean a loaded gun 

Stepping away from the gun angle as it can easily get outta hand, plus its kinda hijacking the op thread

Edited by joessportster

own and handling guns for over 30 years never accidentally fired one,  know dozens of owners that have never Accidentally fired a weapon.  very broad and mis-informed statement

accidents can happen but it is more often than not carelessness in handling..................Anyone that knows anything about guns and gun safety knows you only handle them loaded when prepared to fire them, Anyone playing around with a loaded gun inside a house obviously needs training

I'm not going to get into a gun debate on a speaker forum but ironically when I did in an appropriate format someone made this statement and the Vice President of the United States shot his friend in the face one week later. Of course, that was a different situation and both the shooter and the unintended victim had gun safety training, but as you say, accidents happen.

Edited by tkdamerica

...I am a big believer in Constitutional Rights...but this is the correct action to take.  Too bad Obola couldn't get off the golf course long enough to do this a month ago at the national level.

I can't believe this thread didn't get shut down after the first post given this comment. I too am a believer in Constitutional Rights and the First Amendment is paramount...That said, this is a Speaker Forum and there are places where discussions like this are appropriate but calling the POTUSA 'Obola" in a thread about Ebola seems needlessly political and IS against Forum Rules. That said, I am not going to lobby to get it shut down just wanted to point that out.... 

Of course I see it's also turned into another Gun debate so I am sure that is a subject no one has strong feelings about. :huh: For the record, I don't have a problem with either discussion but when it gets to name calling it seems things get out of hand quickly and why we are fortunate no one can actually bring a gun to a speaker forum where who knows what could be the outcome--Then again, can't catch Ebola from one either unless you believe 'The Media." LOL!