Plant Turns Down 800 Mill For Led Zeppelin Reunion

Ceptorman

Guest Steven1963

If the deal had to be signed right then and there then I applaud Plant for walking away.  He doesn't need the money and 48 hours to think it over shouldn't have been denied by the promoters; they should have allowed him the time.

• Like 1

• Administrators

If you have a chance, watch and/or buy the "Celebration Day" blu-ray that is the concert they put on in London a few years ago, with Jason Bonham on drums.

It is FANTASTIC.

And I'm glad he tore that contract up. I'm fine with them not touring. 

If you have a chance, watch and/or buy the "Celebration Day" blu-ray that is the concert they put on in London a few years ago, with Jason Bonham on drums.

It is FANTASTIC.

And I'm glad he tore that contract up. I'm fine with them not touring. 

Yes, that was an awesome show, in 2007. I think they would still do fine, Plant tours constantly, Jones play with other bands a lot, and I'm sure  Jimmy Page can handle it. The 07 show had 20 million ticket request, maybe they could promote this on their own and make more.

I forgot where I saw the interview but Plant admitted straight up he can't sing more than half the Zep repertoire any more.  Simply can't hit the notes.  This was not recently either.

If they were to try a reunion it would require a lot of backup help.

I didn't know he was so wealthy.......smart guy!!

• Administrators

I forgot where I saw the interview but Plant admitted straight up he can't sing more than half the Zep repertoire any more.  Simply can't hit the notes.  This was not recently either.

Most if not all the songs they played in their reunion one-off show in 2007 were tuned to a lower key. He still nailed it. Not sure how much was overdubbed after the fact though. Sometimes it's hard to tell.

I'm not sure some of the info is correct, I heard 75 mill for one tour of 6 months, makes much more sense. What's being reported is 300 million, which is more than he has accumulated in his entire working life of nearly 50 years, only a fool would do that, and he's no fool. I think it true that he cant hit the high's anymore, and that he does not want to do a Zep tour, even though the 02 was a smash. But I guarantee that if told he could double his net worth by doing a 6 month Led Zep tour he would be all over it, 50 mill a month, yea he'd do it. I have a really good source...Roost

I'm not sure some of the info is correct, I heard 75 mill for one tour of 6 months, makes much more sense. What's being reported is 300 million, which is more than he has accumulated in his entire working life of nearly 50 years, only a fool would do that, and he's no fool. I think it true that he cant hit the high's anymore, and that he does not want to do a Zep tour, even though the 02 was a smash. But I guarantee that if told he could double his net worth by doing a 6 month Led Zep tour he would be all over it, 50 mill a month, yea he'd do it. I have a really good source...Roost

May be right or wrong on the amounts.  Don't know.

But once you have accumulated a lot of wealth, what do you need more for?  WHat will he do with it? 

I am not rich, but I would not accept double my pay if I had to work more hours or not enjoy the work.  Quality of life issue. 

Virgin Group founder Richard Branson and Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant shut down rumors that Plant tore up an $800 million contract that would have the band reunite for a 35-date tour.

"Robert Plant has not been in receipt of any offers in recent months with any organization or promoters regarding future Led Zep live shows," Plant's rep said in a statement to HuffPost Entertainment. "Robert Plant has neither met or communicated with Richard Branson in the last 50 years, so it was with great surprise to see this reported in the press. He is excited and proud of their most recent remastered releases and disappointed with any confusion this current fabricated story may bring."

Earlier, his rep said that the rumors were "rubbish", after the Mirror published the original claims.