Will be changing my avatar tomorrow! Woo Hoo!

jimjimbo

What a nut.

A Buckeye is a useless nut.

+++

Seriously JimJimbo, the real question is where did all the talent go that Michigan used to have?  There was a time Michigan didn't have to recruit, all they had to do was pick from the multitude of 5-star players fighting for the privilege of playing for the Maize and Blue.  What happened?

Edited by wvu80

What a nut.

+++

Seriously JimJimbo, the real question is where did all the talent go that Michigan used to have?  There was a time Michigan didn't have to recruit, all they had to do was pick from the multitude of 5-star players fighting for the privilege of playing for the Maize and Blue.  What happened?

Perhaps the warmer climate further down south?

What a nut.

+++

It's not useless, you can kill things with them!

All parts of the buckeye or horse chestnut tree are extremely toxic, including the nut-like seeds.[7][8] The toxin affects the nervous system, causing paralysis and death. The USDA notes that the toxicity is due to saponin aescin and glyside aesculin, with alkaloids possibly contributing.[9] Native Americans used to crush the seeds and the resulting mash was thrown into still or sluggish waterbodies to stun or kill fish. [10][11] They would then boil and drain (leach) the fish at least three times in order to dilute the toxin's effects. New shoots from the seeds also have been known to kill grazing cattle.  (from Wikipedia)

I seem to recall that squirrels can/will eat Buckeye's....as they know what part inside isn't going to kill them.  Just what I grew up "learning".  I don't know that it's true or not true.  You have now however, read it on the internet so I have some street cred....

You don't need luck when you your contract states that you own the state of Michigan.

JJK

What does Harbaugh make, about a million dollars per home game for coaching Michigan?

It's not about the money anymore.  Maybe a few years ago, but not now.